Merging Multiple Common IAs

xfirefighter484x
By xfirefighter484x in EMTBravo Site News & Information,
First and foremost, I want to thank our many IA posters. More often than not, the IAs are very informative, well documented, and for proper incidents, according to our guidelines. One issue that we see sometimes, is multiple people posting IAs for the same incident, most likely because they all hit the "Start New Topic" button near the same time, obviously unbeknownst to the others. Now the issue that presents, is multiple IAs, sometimes with all the same info, sometimes each has bits and pieces that the others don't. How does this get managed? At this time, the Moderators, or Administrators go through, and compile all the information, and will edit the FIRST IA POSTED, and add that information in. Any subsequent IA, posted after the first person hit "Post New Topic", will then be deleted. To give credit where credit is due, the authors of the subsequent posts will be added as "Reporters" to the primary IA, and the "Writer" will be the first person who got their IA posted. Ok, you're now asking why I am posting this thread? Well, it is in hopes that some people MIGHT be able to "Self Moderate" when this issue presents. If you are the person who gets your IA posted first, try and look to see if any others IA have been started (if not a time issue; i.e. major incident where most of your time is spent updating your own IA). Should you find other posts, try and incorporate their information into yours, and add them as a "Reporter" If you post an IA, and later notice someone else beat you to it, please, PM the member any information you have, and request to have it added to their IA, and you credited as a "Reporter". If you keep recording information, please pass that along to the original IA author as well. The Moderators and Admins will continue to manage the IAs as normal, but if you see you were the 3rd or 4th person to post an IA, please try and keep the clutter on the boards down, and you can always PM a Moderator for help if you see this happening. A good example of this, that was done today, is the link below: http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=37834 Thank you for reading, and Happy Posting!
  • 0 replies