Welcome to EMTBravo.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to EMTBravo.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of EMTBravo.com by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Nashville, TN Fire Apparatus

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BFD1054

BFD1054
  • Members
  • 2,278 posts
  • Joined 16-November 03

• Sector:Unspecified
  • Role: Unspecified

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

This past August, i spent a week in Nashville, TN. During my stay, i tried to get some FD pictures. Nashville is a great City, so i didnt want to spend too much time buffing lol.

I happened to stop by this Firehouse one day. I was greeted by the housewatchmen who told me the rest of the house were out on a training detail. That being said, most of the apparatus that was housed there was out on the detail.

The pictures are of Truck-2, which was less than a year old when i took these pictures. The housewatchmen was more than willing to pull the rig out so i could get some good shots. The only other rig that was there was a Communications Unit. Unfortunately, the lighting was bad and i couldnt get a decent shot of it.

Anyway, heres a few shots of Nashville FD Truck-2, a 2010 Pierce Velocity tower-ladder.

*I aplogize for the sideways pictures. I rotated them, but cant get them to save properly.

Attached Images

• 028.JPG
  • 031.JPG
  • 032.JPG
  • 033.JPG
  • 034.JPG
  • 036.JPG

Edited by BFD1054, 04 January 2011 - 06:32 PM.

Vails Gate FD - Firefighter
Buchanan FD - Ex-Captain
Cortlandt EMS - Past Member Board of Directors/Active Member

#2 OFFLINE   BFD1054

BFD1054
  • Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 2,278 posts
  • Joined 16-November 03

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

Heres a few more from Nashville.

The first picture is of the department patch that is on all apparatus.

The other shots are of Engine-2, an International/E-One.

My wife and i happened to be returning to our hotel from downtown when i heard the fire alarm sounding. With this, the hotel started to evacuate and i heard a maintenance man say there was a fire in the laundry room. I took these pictures when Engine-2 arrived on the alarm. This was the engine that was out on a training detail when i visited the firehouse. Lucky for me, they ended up coming to me the next day lol.

Attached Images

• 030.JPG
  • 047.JPG
  • 048.JPG
  • 049.JPG

Edited by BFD1054, 04 January 2011 - 06:16 PM.

Buchanan FD - Ex-Captain

#3 OFFLINE   BFD1054

BFD1054
  • Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 2,278 posts
  • Joined 16-November 03

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

The last of my FD pictures from my trip.

These pictures are of Franklin, TN Tower-1, a Sutphen mid-mount.

Franklin is just outside of Nashville and is where many of the famous Country music stars live. It is a beautiful area to say the least.

This Tower was just sitting on the median near where we parked. I dont know if its crew was out on a meal run or perhaps doing inspections. Unfortunately i could not locate them to find out more info.

Attached Images

• 022.JPG
  • 023.JPG
  • 024.JPG

Edited by BFD1054, 04 January 2011 - 06:28 PM.

Buchanan FD - Ex-Captain

#4 OFFLINE   x635

x635

EMTBravo Founder

• Chief Of Ops
  • 11,177 posts
  • Joined 15-November 03
  • Name: Seth Granville

• Sector:EMS
  • Role: Paramedic

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

I love that Nashville Tower Ladder! Also, that's a very interesting Q placement on that Nashville Engine...never seen that before.

When I moved down here, I passed through Tennesee. It was not at all what I expecteed. I stopped over in Knoxville, and it was really, really nice! The whole portions of the state I passed through (including Memphis and Nashville) from the highway was very pictureesque. Now, once I crossed the border into the swamps of Arkansas, that's a whole different story!

(BTW, if you went to Nashville for music, you went to the wrong place. Austin,TX-live music captiol of the world!)

#5 OFFLINE   BFD1054

BFD1054
  • Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 2,278 posts
  • Joined 16-November 03

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

I love that Nashville Tower Ladder! Also, that's a very interesting Q placement on that Nashville Engine...never seen that before.

When I moved down here, I passed through Tennesee. It was not at all what I expecteed. I stopped over in Knoxville, and it was really, really nice! The whole portions of the state I passed through (including Memphis and Nashville) from the highway was very pictureesque. Now, once I crossed the border into the swamps of Arkansas, that's a whole different story!

(BTW, if you went to Nashville for music, you went to the wrong place. Austin,TX-live music captiol of the world!)

The new Tower was definately a nice rig. As for the Q, they must have really wanted/needed one lol.

Tennesee is definately a really nice state from what we saw of it. Truly nice people, clean streets and great friedly hospitality.

Yes, Austin, Tx is on my "to visit" list for sure. As for the music, i wasnt disappointed at all. We saw live music from around 10am to closing and that was pretty much every night lol. I needed a week to recover from that trip!
Funny story. We were hoping to see/meet some famous Country singers, but no luck there. Many of them are known to pop in to the bars and do an improptu performance. We were walking downtown one night and i spotted a tour bus. So, we made our way down to it and it was parked in front of Tootsies, a Nashville landmark honkey-tonk (which was the first one we went into when we arrived). There was a large crowd formed, but nobody seemed to know who was inside. Come to find out, it was Kesha (the pop singer) and she was just hanging out. My buddy has pictures of her drinking out of a Jack Daniels bottle while standing on the bar. Ill have to see if i can get it lol. Soo, no Country stars, but we did see a singer.

Buchanan FD - Ex-Captain

#6 OFFLINE   osufire90

osufire90
  • Members
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 08-November 10

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

The rear compartment on engine 2 looks exceptionally large...do the engines there carry extrication equipment?

#7 OFFLINE   bamoore22

bamoore22
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 07-November 09

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

The rear compartment on engine 2 looks exceptionally large...do the engines there carry extrication equipment?

I work at a fire department about 45 minutes outside Nashville and most engines in this area are commercial trucks like Nashville's Engine 2 shown above. I think though that this is actually a reserve engine as most of their front line trucks are Pierce Contender/Internationals now (though they do have some Arrow XT pumper/tankers). The extrication equipment from what I understand is carried on their truck companies (they have 12) and their heavy rescues (4). I do not believe any extrication gear is carried on the engine companies.

#8 OFFLINE   Task Force 7

Task Force 7
  • Members
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 11-March 04

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:06 AM

I past through Nashville last August. I had planned on staying the night there on my way to Canton, Ohio, but ended up staying in Goodlettsville instead. :D
PIERCE...Perform.Like No Other!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 1 user(s)