Welcome to EMTBravo.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to EMTBravo.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of EMTBravo.com by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

EmStar in NY

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   masterofmetal85

masterofmetal85
  • Members
  • 162 posts
  • Joined 03-March 10

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Is it true the former owner of HVP / Care 1 arik Erik aron not sure his name just that he's an accountant owns Em star in PA so he bought out his own company? I know he owns emergency ambulance in LI is it also true he owns senior care and Richmond county ambulance

#2 OFFLINE   MoFire390

MoFire390
  • Investors
  • 1,172 posts
  • Joined 09-August 07
Donator

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

From what I understand EMStar is located out of Philly. Don't have much information just that.
When I am called to duty. God,when ever flames may rage Give me strength to save a life Whatever be its age. Help me embrace a little child Before it is too late Or save an older person from The horror of that fate. Enable me to be alert And hear the weakest shout And quickly and efficiently Put the fire out.I want too fill my calling To give the best in me.To guard my friend and neighbor. And protect his property. And if according to Your will While on duty I must answer death's call Bless with Your protecting hand My family one and all.

#3 OFFLINE   x1243

x1243
  • Investors
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 11-August 09
  • Name: Franco

• Sector:EMS
  • Role: Captain

Donator

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Its sort of like a family tree..  Only this is a D.B.A tree.

Thats not just a Patch on your sleeve thats PRIDE!!!

You get what you pay for!!!!

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else. Yogi Berra

#4 OFFLINE   newsbuff

newsbuff
  • Members
  • 388 posts
  • Joined 07-March 10

• Role: EMT

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

is it also true he owns senior care and Richmond county ambulance

I couldn't see that, as they are competitors, and one person owning two competing companies starts running into price-fixing and monopoly territory...

#5 OFFLINE   velcroMedic1987

velcroMedic1987
  • Investors
  • 294 posts
  • Joined 28-September 06
Donator

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

I couldn't see that, as they are competitors, and one person owning two competing companies starts running into price-fixing and monopoly territory...

They may not be competitors.  It may be fine if the areas of operatoin on the CON's don't overlap.  There have been subsidaries of other EMS providers operating in different territories before and I'm sure there will continue to be in the future.  If EMStar took over HVP's operating certificate, they have the hudson valley territory.  If they're owned by the same people who own senior care (Manhattan/Bronx) and Richmond (Staten Island), there is no monopoly and no price fixing.  No different than Transcare having a certificate for all those areas under a single company.

All the price fixing happens at Medicare and Medicaid anyway. 

#6 OFFLINE   medic84r4ny

medic84r4ny
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 15-October 08

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

here is a statement from an emplyees linkedjn acount:

Supervisor/Paramedic

EMStar Ambulance

July 2013 – Present (3 months) Fishkill, NY

I am continuing my position as a paramedic field supervisor responsible to oversee daily operations at EMStar Ambulance in the Hudson Valley and Westchester Regions. EMStar Ambulance aquired Care 1 EMS in July of 2013. This division employs 170 employees including both paramedics and emergency medical technicians. EMStar Ambulance is a private, for profit ambulance service that originated in the Philadelphia, PA area and provides emergency medical care and inter-facility transports including ventilators, IV infusion pumps, and cardiac monitoring. EMStar Ambulance now operates in a large area in New York State including Ulster, Dutchess, Orange, Westchester, and Putnum counties as well as Pike County in Pennsylvania.

Could find much else to support this. no NY Emstar web site that came up for me, Care 1's still up. Now that I think about it I think I saw an Emstar amb. a few weeks ago.

#7 OFFLINE   50-65

50-65
  • Members
  • 463 posts
  • Joined 07-November 07
  • Name: Tim

• Sector:Emergency Services, Other
  • Role: Unspecified

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

There was an EmStar ambulance parked at an office bldg. in Rockland Co several weeks ago. Spring Valley/Monsey area on Rt 59.

#8 OFFLINE   EXDC203

EXDC203
  • Members
  • 163 posts
  • Joined 02-August 04

• Sector:Fire

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

And the problem with EMstar is????

#9 OFFLINE   EMTBrian

EMTBrian
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 22-May 11

• Sector:Unspecified

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

From what I understand EMStar is located out of Philly. Don't have much information just that.

Mo,

You're absolutely correct. "EmStar" is headquarter in Philadelphia. Here is the link to their website. http://www.emstarambulance.com/

#10 OFFLINE   EMTBrian

EMTBrian
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 22-May 11

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

And the problem with EMstar is????

EXDC, I don't think there is any problem with EmStar. I checked out their website, researched the company some. By the looks of it seems this company may soon become a larger

Commercial Ambulance Company than that of Transcare. Advantages of EmStar, obviously newer buses, while Transcare desperately needs to upgrade their clunkers.

#11 OFFLINE   x1243

x1243
  • Investors
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 11-August 09

Donator

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

EXDC, I don't think there is any problem with EmStar. I checked out their website, researched the company some. By the looks of it seems this company may soon become a larger

Commercial Ambulance Company than that of Transcare. Advantages of EmStar, obviously newer buses, while Transcare desperately needs to upgrade their clunkers.

Stop the madness.........   We forget TransCare is already all ove the East Coast.   As long as they send the proper resources to calls the I could care less.  

Sending a BLS units to a semi or unresponsive patient is NOT acceptable!   So far I have seen no change in service with the exception of the same trucks with a different wrap.  

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else. Yogi Berra

#12 OFFLINE   EMTBrian

EMTBrian
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 22-May 11

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

Stop the madness.........   We forget TransCare is already all ove the East Coast.   As long as they send the proper resources to calls the I could care less.  

Sending a BLS units to a semi or unresponsive patient is NOT acceptable!   So far I have seen no change in service with the exception of the same trucks with a different wrap.  

First off, what is "stop the madness" all about? Long story short, i used to work for Transcare, yes I had issues with the company due to their lack of structure and consistency of training.

Their method of training was instead of being with a Field Training Officer, was thrown with different crews each day. How is one to learn the business by someone other than someone

whom is dedicated to training and evaluating new-hires. Secondly, I did not bash or bad mouth the company. Yes indeed, many of their ambulances are in disrepair as was some of their

equipment. 

Thirdly, Obviously Transcare covers most parts of the Hudson Valley and New York City. EmStar is from Pennsylvania, and is just starting to move further east, obviously if they have

taken Care1 EMS under their wings. I don't know much else about the company. Other than what I looked at on their website. It would be fair to say however, they cover just as much

territory as Transcare does. 

On a closing note, I found this reply of yours very interrogating. Why reply the way you did in open forum? If you had an issue, we could had sorted things out back-channel.?

#13 ONLINE   Bnechis

Bnechis
  • Members
  • 4,260 posts
  • Joined 16-March 06

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

Obviously Transcare covers most parts of the Hudson Valley and New York City. EmStar is from Pennsylvania, and is just starting to move further east, obviously if they have taken Care1 EMS under their wings. I don't know much else about the company. Other than what I looked at on their website. It would be fair to say however, they cover just as much territory as Transcare does. 

Transcare is a lot bigger than you know.

They also cover parts of So. NJ, Long Island, the state of Delaware, No. Virginia, Baltimore-Washington DC corridor and Eastern & Western Pennsylvania.

#14 OFFLINE   LaurieASchelling-Hagen

LaurieASchelling-Hagen
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

POPULAR

Maybe everyone just needs to stop bashing all companies.  We all do the same job no matter who we work for.  EMStar is a company from pennsylvania who took over care 1 who took over hudson valley paramedics who took over empire state ambulance.  All it is a name change for them.  Transcare is the 3rd largest comapny out there. AMR being number 1 but again who cares.  We still do the same job and that is take care of our communities.  And I think that everyone forgets that. 

#15 OFFLINE   x1243

x1243
  • Investors
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 11-August 09

Donator

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

I will

First off, what is "stop the madness" all about? Long story short, i used to work for Transcare, yes I had issues with the company due to their lack of structure and consistency of training.

Their method of training was instead of being with a Field Training Officer, was thrown with different crews each day. How is one to learn the business by someone other than someone

whom is dedicated to training and evaluating new-hires. Secondly, I did not bash or bad mouth the company. Yes indeed, many of their ambulances are in disrepair as was some of their

equipment. 

Thirdly, Obviously Transcare covers most parts of the Hudson Valley and New York City. EmStar is from Pennsylvania, and is just starting to move further east, obviously if they have

taken Care1 EMS under their wings. I don't know much else about the company. Other than what I looked at on their website. It would be fair to say however, they cover just as much

territory as Transcare does. 

On a closing note, I found this reply of yours very interrogating. Why reply the way you did in open forum? If you had an issue, we could had sorted things out back-channel.?

I will not get into a pissing contest with you on such a forum.   Just please research the facts before you put up "factpinions",   everyone has issues with vehicles,  and TransCare is in fact much larger than you know.  

I state facts!  No Factpinions, if you would like any information or to clear the air you can contact me at anytime.

#16 OFFLINE   EXDC203

EXDC203
  • Members
  • 163 posts
  • Joined 02-August 04

• Sector:Fire

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Sorry, let me clarify......if they are licensed to operate in NY.....why are people bitching?

#17 OFFLINE   MoFire390

MoFire390
  • Investors
  • 1,172 posts
  • Joined 09-August 07
Donator

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

they are also certified in PA and at one point NJ as Tri- State EMS

When I am called to duty. God,when ever flames may rage Give me strength to save a life Whatever be its age. Help me embrace a little child Before it is too late Or save an older person from The horror of that fate. Enable me to be alert And hear the weakest shout And quickly and efficiently Put the fire out.I want too fill my calling To give the best in me.To guard my friend and neighbor. And protect his property. And if according to Your will While on duty I must answer death's call Bless with Your protecting hand My family one and all.

#18 OFFLINE   latemedic39

latemedic39
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 19-August 04

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

I think the point of x1243 response was that they changed the name but still send bls trucks to priority calls then requesting als from another agency that should have been dispatched in the first place that's all different paint same old ways . I hope for the people that I know that work there everything turns out great for them and wish them the best
We are all going to die ......... Act accordingly !

#19 OFFLINE   v85

v85
  • Investors
  • 548 posts
  • Joined 04-July 08
  • Name: Vincent C

• Sector:Fire/EMS

Donator

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

About the whole ALS/BLS thing

If you have a priority call and a BLS truck is 5 minutes away, and an ALS truck is 30 minutes away, isn't it better for the patient to send the closer unit, then  intercept en route, then have a patient wait 25 extra minutes with no EMS at all attending to them.

Now if you are saying that they should be intercepting with their own company, yes that is true.

Member, Warwick Volunteer Ambulance Corps
Certified Public Safety Telecommunicator
Certified New Jersey Emergency Medical Dispatcher

#20 OFFLINE   PVFD233

PVFD233
  • Investors
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 29-December 05
  • Name: Andrew

Donator

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Without working at the company and "researching" them what supports your opinion?

#21 OFFLINE   latemedic39

latemedic39
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 19-August 04

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

About the whole ALS/BLS thing

If you have a priority call and a BLS truck is 5 minutes away, and an ALS truck is 30 minutes away, isn't it better for the patient to send the closer unit, then  intercept en route, then have a patient wait 25 extra minutes with no EMS at all attending to them.

Now if you are saying that they should be intercepting with their own company, yes that is true.

We are all going to die ......... Act accordingly !

#22 OFFLINE   EMTBrian

EMTBrian
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 22-May 11

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Maybe everyone just needs to stop bashing all companies.  We all do the same job no matter who we work for.  EMStar is a company from pennsylvania who took over care 1 who took over hudson valley paramedics who took over empire state ambulance.  All it is a name change for them.  Transcare is the 3rd largest comapny out there. AMR being number 1 but again who cares.  We still do the same job and that is take care of our communities.  And I think that everyone forgets that. 

Laurie, I don't see or believe there is any "bashing" so to speak going on here. If somebody interpreted my post as such, that was certainly not the motive or intention.

#23 OFFLINE   EMTBrian

EMTBrian
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 22-May 11

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Without working at the company and "researching" them what supports your opinion?

PVFD, Prefer not comment here. I'm not an employee of EmStar nor any Hudson Valley Ambulance, only in points south of Westchester County nearer to the City of New York.

#24 OFFLINE   Bugler83

Bugler83
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 02-January 05

• Role: Firefighter

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

they are also certified in PA and at one point NJ as Tri- State EMS

Not anymore bud, Erik finally got out and sold to EMstar. Went back to Israel.

#25 OFFLINE   pjm1733

pjm1733
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 05-October 04

• Role: Unmployed

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Looking for a little help. . . . What other Professional Ambulance Companies operate in and around Westchester County ? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 356 user(s)