x635

FDNY Fire Alarm Dispatcher Exam

26 posts in this topic

Anybiooody get their results yet ?

Did You take this test Texastom791? I did Not Take This test I took the prior test which was I guess the Last Hand written test,... Back in 2010 it Happens I received a letter in October 2013 to report for backround check literally a couple days prior to "this test" ...

Edited by BFD389RET

Anybody get their results yet ?

I have not received my results yet. I am not surprised. The City is slow.

I still have not received my results, I am assuming the same with everyone else?

Do they notify you if you did not pass? I think I passed. I will keep checking my mailbox.

Call DCAS if you passed the automated machine will tell you your list # and score

If you're smart, a little buffy and into the job, please take this if it comes to you. A great dispatcher is invaluable to us in the field and we need more.

lt411, BFD1054, IFCO3080 and 2 others like this

If you are #7, I am sure you will get a call sooner or later. Good Luck!

IFCO3080 likes this

If you're smart, a little buffy and into the job, please take this if it comes to you. A great dispatcher is invaluable to us in the field and we need more.

Can I take this test next time around if I retire from the job ( non city ) ?

Can I take this test next time around if I retire from the job ( non city ) ?

Good question......

There might be some sort of waiver involved to receive a salary and a pension, but I'm not sure. Check over the NOE. It really is an excellent job for a retired guy from the job.

Im number 7 on the list. Little excited not going to lie....hope to hear soon what comes next.

Based Upon My experiance from the 2010 test, I Placed # 100... When the city is "ready" they'll send a letter to attend a Backround check (which Was at Metrotech last test...) I would suggest That YOU have 4-6 prepared resume's (They asked me to bring along 4 clean copies) AND be prepared to fill out another handwritten "application" which was sent me, (received in Mail On Saturday2013 at 3:45 pm to report at 8 am Monday...) Your test occured on Wednesday 2 days after that. They sent a 25 page book that They wanted me to fill in the blanks and as well Bring along 4 copies of My clean resume, when I reported Monday at 0800.... I attempted to contact them Via Email they provided which bounced on several attempts to explain myself, due to health issues I am not able to take the job, Anyway, AT #7 You'd better prepare and expect the absolute worst, Ie: receiving no notice at all and still being prepared.....

trauma74 likes this

Based Upon My experiance from the 2010 test, I Placed # 100... When the city is "ready" they'll send a letter to attend a Backround check (which Was at Metrotech last test...) I would suggest That YOU have 4-6 prepared resume's (They asked me to bring along 4 clean copies) AND be prepared to fill out another handwritten "application" which was sent me, (received in Mail On Saturday2013 at 3:45 pm to report at 8 am Monday...) Your test occured on Wednesday 2 days after that. They sent a 25 page book that They wanted me to fill in the blanks and as well Bring along 4 copies of My clean resume, when I reported Monday at 0800.... I attempted to contact them Via Email they provided which bounced on several attempts to explain myself, due to health issues I am not able to take the job, Anyway, AT #7 You'd better prepare and expect the absolute worst, Ie: receiving no notice at all and still being prepared.....

Hey thanks for the information. I have been in search for someone from the past exam and have not had any luck. Thanks again.

trauma74 and BFD389RET like this

Got an email this afternoon saying interviews will be given on jan 14th and 15th. I do not know how quick of a process it is but seems to be moving faster than a snails pace at this point in time. Anybody else get there packet and or interview date?

BFD389RET and E106MKFD like this

I got the same email with the same dates it said the packet went out on the 2nd

Im list # 7* ... Did anyone in the 70's get a letter yet? Just want to make sure i didnt miss it.

I got my packet. Anybody that went through the process that can give some advice?

Has anyone gotten through the entire process? I'm looking for a time line from the time of interview to being offered a position. I was seen for an interview but everything is very vague.

Can someone on here, who is a current Fire Alarm Dispatcher, please send me a private message? I have a few questions. Thanks in advance!

x635 likes this

Anyone know if they hired the next round of fire dispatchers yet?

On 5/1/2016 at 0:28 AM, trauma74 said:

Anyone know if they hired the next round of fire dispatchers yet?

yes they hired a class and it started on monday.  

Does anyone know when the next class might be? I deferred for the May class and have been waiting since then. I contacted my investigator and all of my paperwork is in line so I am just waiting.