x635

Seagrave Reintroducing The Apollo II Rearmount Tower Ladder

10 posts in this topic

Looks like Seagrave is reintroducing the Apollo II rear mount platform......and it's a LOT smaller and more reasonable then the previous generation of Apollos. The bucket is almost identical to the Aerialscope bucket. I hope these are a success for departments who want a RM Tower Ladder and a Seagrave.

Contact Hudson Valley Fire Equipment if your department is interested in learning more. For those going to FDIC, it will be at booth 5130.

post-11-0-26466400-1395963212.jpg

nhfd241 and FDNY 10-75 like this

I see they'll offer to chassis types. I wonder why would anyone want a split tilt cab with a rearmount aerial?

I see they'll offer to chassis types. I wonder why would anyone want a split tilt cab with a rearmount aerial?

Between engines, tower ladders and rearmounts, the City has ordered almost 200 split tilt rigs in the last few years. Why? Don't know, but the mechanics seem to like it a lot. The Emergency Crew guys (roving mechanics that do repairs in quarters) have that thing tilted all the time. Engine compartment access is terrific.

Between engines, tower ladders and rearmounts, the City has ordered almost 200 split tilt rigs in the last few years. Why? Don't know, but the mechanics seem to like it a lot. The Emergency Crew guys (roving mechanics that do repairs in quarters) have that thing tilted all the time. Engine compartment access is terrific.

I get the need for the engines and midmounts, but with a rearmount tower, it would seem by the time the bucket was up out of the way, the cab-tilt height savings would be negated? Are you guys able to tilt a rearmount stick cab in-house? Though they're shorter in length, I'd think they'd raise the requisite ceiling height by at least the height of the bedded rails?

I get the need for the engines and midmounts, but with a rearmount tower, it would seem by the time the bucket was up out of the way, the cab-tilt height savings would be negated? Are you guys able to tilt a rearmount stick cab in-house? Though they're shorter in length, I'd think they'd raise the requisite ceiling height by at least the height of the bedded rails?

Yes, they can tilt the cab inside the house. The ladder doesn't need to be raised all that far. Remember, a lot of our firehouses are narrow and the doors are small, but the ceilings are pretty high.

antiquefirelt likes this

There's a pic floating around the web of our Ferrara in quaters with the stick up and cab tilted. It's a pretty common occurrence so much so that the job is consider giving us a new rig after having ours for only about 2 years

Edited by goon16
M' Ave likes this

There's a pic floating around the web of our Ferrara in quaters with the stick up and cab tilted. It's a pretty common occurrence so much so that the job is consider giving us a new rig after having ours for only about 2 years

They sure are pieces of shyte huh........

I honestly cannot see the allure of a rear mounted tower. Can someone shed some light on why anyone would want such a cumbersome rig?

antiquefirelt and Danger like this

I honestly cannot see the allure of a rear mounted tower. Can someone shed some light on why anyone would want such a cumbersome rig?

Tower ladders are big cumbersome things no matter what. Some prefer having the bucket in front of you, where it's visible. It reduces the length of the rig overall and eliminates all that overhang in the rear.