Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
newsbuff

Cassano to be replaced as FDNY Commish..

6 posts in this topic

From Firehouse.com:

Any hopes Fire Commissioner Sal Cassano had for staying on with the new administration went up in smoke Monday — after Mayor Bill de Blasio confirmed he would be replaced.

“It’s been clear from the beginning it’s an interim role,” said the mayor, who praised the FDNY’s response to the Harlem gas explosion in March.

http://www.firehouse.com/news/11416824/sal-cassano-out-as-fdny-commissioner

Well, we all knew it was just a matter of time until this idiot started bringing in his people. Cassano was good at what he did, and hopefully the new commissioner can keep the place running, and make some needed improvement.

Any speculation on who the candidate may be?

Cassano didn't do too much by the rank and file......he won't be missed. We all know the commish has to follow the bidding of City Hall, but Cassano sold his soul.

That said.......the devil you know......

Word on the street is Mylan Denerstien is the #1 contender. She's currently with the Cuomo administration and served as Deputy Commisioner for Legal Affairs under Commisionser Scopetta. She was rumored to be the runner-up to Cassano when he was appointed by Bloomberg.

Cassano didn't do too much by the rank and file......he won't be missed. We all know the commish has to follow the bidding of City Hall, but Cassano sold his soul.

That said.......the devil you know......

Word on the street is Mylan Denerstien is the #1 contender. She's currently with the Cuomo administration and served as Deputy Commisioner for Legal Affairs under Commisionser Scopetta. She was rumored to be the runner-up to Cassano when he was appointed by Bloomberg.

Who is this woman?? between Bloomberg and now Diblasio possibly appointing her as commissioner. Wasnt there public outcry when the rumor was that she was coming in as commisoner which forced bloomberg to pick cassano.

Who cares! I don't give two sheets. We are going to be inundated with garbage now because of selective hiring we will be like Mt Vernon before we know it.

Who cares! I don't give two sheets. We are going to be inundated with garbage now because of selective hiring we will be like Mt Vernon before we know it.

I'm keeping a positive outlook....the quota hiring is over, mostly. My Co. got 4 probies in the last year and they're all great.