Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mfc2257

Closed: Westchester Police Revolver & Rifle League

6 posts in this topic

As someone who has lived in Ardsley for most of my life, and has been to the gun rage, I think this is uncalled for. They recently built million dollar homes nearby. Paul Feiner tries to ruin everything in Greenburgh that he doesn't like. The gun range has been there for over 70 years and never has had an incident. The range is surrounded by 30 foot rock walls. Maybe he should have done his homework before allowing this residential development to proceed.But if he doesn't like your business, he'll find a way to get you out no matter what. The people who use the range are responsible gun owners, and the fact they found a fragment of a bullet, in my opinion, is bullshit.

A little more background, my father owned a Police Supply/Gun Store on North Central Ave at the Four Corners for over 20 years. When Paul Feiner got into office, he gave my father a very hard time. He planted a tree in from of the store, forced him to remove signs in his window, and made him remove the security gates amongst other things.

Since I saw this story I have been waiting for this outcome. I am not surprised. I am fortunate to have two pistol ranges and several skeet/trap fields nearby and Florida is still, for now anyway, a gun owner friendly State.

BFD1054 likes this

CON ED didn't renew their lease for the land that the gun range is on, so it was out of the owners hands.

I'm just pissed off beyond belief at Paul Feiner's words (Quoted below). See my reply a couple of posts above, as my comments are still relevant to this latest self-serving crap coming out of his mouth.

Maybe this bullet fragment this woman claimed hit her wouldn't have been an issue if she hadn't bought a brand new million dollar house that they tore down an entire forest to build and not done her homework to see that the shooting range was there before she moved, and before she was even born.

Below is the link to the police report regarding the shooting range.
http://www.greenburghny.com/Documents/Pistol%20Range%20Redacted%20Investigative%20Report%20with%20Photos,%20Ballistic%20Reports.pdf

And this is his commentary on the matter. I get pissed off just posting it, but it just proves my point about when he doesn't like something personally, he railroads it out, and usually affects businesses that have been in the community for decades (like Mickey's Hot Dog stand on Jackson Ave- there for decades with no problems that he tried to force out before public out roar -note it was down the street from his million dollar condo community- as is the shooting range):

This past June a woman complained that she was struck by a bullet from the Westchester County Police Revolver and Rifle Range on Ardsley Road. She had a small abrasion on her knee. The gun range had been leasing the property from Con Ed for many years. Con Ed terminated the lease this summer and the range has been shut down.

I received the attached police report from the police department earlier today. The investigation found that some of the fragments that had ben tested "cannot forensically confirm" that content came from the range. However the investigators found numerous rounds and lead fragments outside the range. The complete report and photos of the fragments that were found outside the range can be found in the report.

What disturbs me about this matter --I learned that gun ranges are not regulated by New York State or by the federal government. Unlike some businesses that must be licensed - there is no government entity that regulates, inspects and annually licenses gun ranges. I plan on contacting state and federal officials and will ask that legislation be considered to license, regulate and inspect gun ranges. I'm also concerned about soil contamination from gun ranges that have not been tested for lead contamination in many years or decades. If the ranges would be required to be licensed - we could require annual testing of lead.
PAUL FEINER, Greenburgh Town Supervisor
AFS1970 likes this