Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

A Good Job: Stories of the FDNY (HBO Documentary Films)

8 posts in this topic

A GOOD JOB: STORIES OF THE FDNY (Sept. 8), a film by Liz Garbus (HBO’s Emmy®-winning “Ghosts of Abu Ghraib”) and actor Steve Buscemi (a former New York City firefighter), explores what it’s like to work in one of the most demanding fire departments in the world, where going to work means risking it all. From old New York to the post-9/11 landscape, the film reveals the immense mental and physical toll that fire-fighting takes on individuals, and on the community borne out of sharing an incredible responsibility.

I would love to see this, but I don't get HBO w/ my cable package. I asked my family member s if any of them get HBO (they don't). Is there any way that I can view this in the future?

So the documentary aired about 45 minutes ago on the east coast. I was able to watch it and feel it was very well done. Not the typical tear jerking fire department documentary we are used to seeing. Anyone else catch it? What were your thoughts?

So the documentary aired about 45 minutes ago on the east coast. I was able to watch it and feel it was very well done. Not the typical tear jerking fire department documentary we are used to seeing. Anyone else catch it? What were your thoughts?

"Not the typical tear jerking fire department documentary we are used to seeing." What does that mean?

"Not the typical tear jerking fire department documentary we are used to seeing." What does that mean?

Most of the documentarys I have watched about the fire service tend to focus on more of the tragedy we encounter (atleast in my humble opinion). This however, I feel had a focus on the brotherhood and cammeradery found in the station. One example I can think of off the too of my head is the film "into the fire". A large part of that documentary was facing loss of life in the fire service. Again, this is how I perceived it. While there was quite a few mentions of loss of life both civilian and firefighter in "a good job" they were followed immediately by stories of how the firefighters involved in the incident found comfort in each other. Again, this is how I perceived the documentary. My question for you is: were you able to see "a good job" tonight and did you feel the same way?

Most of the documentarys I have watched about the fire service tend to focus on more of the tragedy we encounter (atleast in my humble opinion). This however, I feel had a focus on the brotherhood and cammeradery found in the station. One example I can think of off the too of my head is the film "into the fire". A large part of that documentary was facing loss of life in the fire service. Again, this is how I perceived it. While there was quite a few mentions of loss of life both civilian and firefighter in "a good job" they were followed immediately by stories of how the firefighters involved in the incident found comfort in each other. Again, this is how I perceived the documentary. My question for you is: were you able to see "a good job" tonight and did you feel the same way?

I saw "A Good Job" and thought it was well done. I have no problem with documentary's about the fire service that focus on loss of Firefighter and civilian lives as that is the reality that I remember from my 21 years of career service and 17 years of volunteer service.

FFEMT150 likes this