Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MESS11FOREVER

Orange Lake NY Fire District Engine 326 Wetdown Video

5 posts in this topic

Oh do you mean the ridiculously absurd, massive misuse of privilege, lights and sirens, public safety personnel and apparatus, all while closing down a road all for a ridiculous tradition of a wet down? Yes I noticed it right around 9:02

billy98988 likes this

I didnt mean to startle u breeze im not that kind of person but everyone has there opinions.. I fully understand what your trying to say.. I guess different departments do it differently

dave0820 likes this

Someone made a video lasting more than 9 minutes of a wet down of a fire engine?

That seems like the most absurd part of it all.

It's a fire truck. Push it in the bay and go do some calls.

None of the rigs I was around for being new ever had a wet down. I have always kind of like the tradition of these but am not to sure on what they have begun. I notice the Chaplain using a bucket of water which is cool. I wish it were a leather bucket made to commemorate wither the department of the event, but that could get expensive.

So if the idea is that the rig gets wet down by all the other companies, and as this has grown it has become regional, I guess I can see why it seems to take several sets of rigs to accomplish this. However why all the Chief's cars and Rescues if they are not bringing water to the wet down? And why is it nothing more than a water fight with more water getting on the older rigs and crews than the new rig that presumably needs it?

Personally if one wanted to be traditional, and maybe give the young ones a sence of what was required when all this started, I would think doing the wet down with a real two line bucket brigade would be interesting.