EMTbravo

Congrats to x2321, EMTBravo's September 2014 Member Of The Month

3 posts in this topic

Congrats to x2321, EMTBravo's September 2014 Member Of The Month.

x2321 has been a member of EMTBravo since July of 2004.

x2321, AKA Frank Becerra Jr, is a Westchester/Putnam Fire Service Icon. He is a award winning Photojournalist with the Journal News (well...actually before the Journal News existed when it was Gannett Westchester Rockland Newspapers), and has been on the staff for over 30 years. He has covered (and still covers) almost every major incident in Westchester and Putnam. Thousands view his photos every day, which cover not only emergency services, but extends to sports and nature, well just about everything, as well.

I remember when I was a kid, looking forward to getting, at the time, the "Reporter Dispatch", and seeing Frank's awesome talent every day as he owned that front page cover shot. I really liked how one day it would be a fire, and the next day it would be some beautiful shot of deer grazing at dawn. He is one of my inspirations in the photography world and just an all around great guy.

Frank is also second generation at the Journal News. You can see where he gets it from. His father, Frank Sr, was an award winning cartoonist and illustrator for Gannett Westchester Rockland Newspapers. Amongst one of his hundreds of notable works was creating "Flora", which was Westchester's version of Smokey The Bear, and encouraged parksgoers to not litter, and be safe with fire. I can see where x2321 get it from.

x2321 is just one our many, many excellent, dedicated, and valued members who are deserving of this recognition, and we will continue to recognize the members who make this forum what it is every month.

-Seth G AKA x635

Flashpoint likes this

Frank is a great guy and this honor is very well deserved. Just wish he had a site chronicling his photos.

Just wish he had a site chronicling his photos.

I know, right! Me too! I had a collection of photos that I clipped out of the Reporter Dispatch as a kid in the 80's and 90's, and I can't find them now. I'd love to be able to go back and see some of his work from the 80's and 90's again, and I know hundreds and probably thousands of others would love to see it as well. Especially those who weren't lucky enough to grow up having his photos delivered to your driveway each morning in a printed newspaper before the internet era. It's overwhelming how awesome his photos are, and not just the fire ones either. One of my favorites was a seemingly simple photo he took of deer in Brewster in the late 80's or early 90's. Everything about the photo was perfect. He inspired a large part of my love of photography. I wish I had enough money to purchase the entire collection of his film and digitals from Gannett.

Just did a quick Google search, here's a sampling of some of his awesome photos that shows the talent, depth, and the diversity: CLICK HERE TO VIEW

Flashpoint likes this