CFI609D

Fairfield CT Fire Department Hiring

21 posts in this topic

Does anyone happen to know top pay or their work schedule? Thanks.

3 day / 3 night schedule. Five stations : 5 Eng. 2 Ladders 1 Duty Chief 23 working per shift

Page 4 of the application states "Five points on Written Exam for Active Military Service". Call it a hunch, but something tells me there may be a written exam.

AFS1970, Ladder44 and 210 like this

Does anyone happen to know top pay or their work schedule? Thanks.

Do you have to take a test

The link that was posted can answer all your questions, also the biggest thing i see that may affect you Westchester applicants is it says "Be certified as an emergency medical technician (EMT) by the state of Connecticut by the time of employment", if you serious about the job you may consider looking into reciprocity asap.

It's not Stamford, I'm betting there is a test.

Edited by CTFF
BFD389RET likes this

The link that was posted can answer all your questions, also the biggest thing i see that may affect you Westchester applicants is it says "Be certified as an emergency medical technician (EMT) by the state of Connecticut by the time of employment", if you serious about the job you may consider looking into reciprocity asap.

Yeah, if you apply now you just may get it in time for 2016...

SageVigiles likes this

Any residency requirement/preference? Also, any max age?

Page 4 states everything.....And its illegal to put an age max (I think), has to do with equal opportunity employer.

BFD389RET likes this

Read the city notice for God's sake.

I love it when they can't even read the application, just another one you can count out of the competition.

BFD389RET and 210 like this

due to the weather (today was Closing day The application Process has been extended till Feburary 9th for anyone actually smart enough to read The information... you will have to figure out for yourself how to find the website to confirm that because I am not pasting it here....

THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN IT... did you get your letter yet? Maybe you failed then...

THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN IT... did you get your letter yet? Maybe you failed then...

lol!!!

Does anybody have an idea of how many people Fairfield is looking to hire?

Next applicants will want rides and wake up calls for the test like FDNY is doing! Oh wait CT Depts. don't lower the Bar for applicants. Good for them!

boca1day and PCFD ENG58 like this

Next applicants will want rides and wake up calls for the test like FDNY is doing! Oh wait CT Depts. don't lower the Bar for applicants. Good for them!

Stamford doesn't lower the bar, it completley drops its.