Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RES24CUE

RIP - Capt. Joseph Manstrelli - Captain of Fire Police GBFD

8 posts in this topic

It is with great sadness that I share with the members of this online community that Joseph Manstrelli (pictured above, right in black) of the Golden's Bridge Fire Department has passed away. Joe was a 57 year member of the Golden's Bridge Fire Department (and a legend) and has been Captain of Fire Police for the department since 1983. He was also very active on the Kitchen Committee and arranged the annual Children's Holiday Party. Additionally, he was a very active member of the Putnam County Fire Police Association. I would like to note that I am no longer a member of the Golden's Bridge Fire Department and am in no way speaking on their behalf (I mean no disrespect). To my knowledge funeral arrangements have yet to be determined. I just know that Joe has made countless friends in his impressive career in the fire service who will be very saddened by his passing and thought it necessary to share with the local community. Joe served as my Fire Police Captain when I was Captain of the Department for GBFD and words cannot express his passion and commitment to the emergency services. I will surely post the details of the arrangements as soon as I am informed assuming a current member does not post them sooner.

God Bless You Joe! You Will Be Missed!

Edited by RES24CUE
Westfield12 likes this

I have tried to post the picture 2 different ways but I cannot get it to post to the forum. I apologize.

Edited by RES24CUE
Westfield12 likes this

I found out on the way to work about Joe's passing.I've known Joe all my life, having lived across the street from him and also serving in the fire department with him since 1976. He was always ready to lend a helping hand, no matter what the situation was. He will be truly missed. Rest in peace Joe. Goodspeed.

RIP Joe , God speed ,he will be missed.

Joseph Manstrelli of Goldens Bridge passed away March 5 at Northern Westchester Hospital after a long illness. He was born in the Bronx to Joseph & Catherine Manstrelli on February 15, 1938.Joe was a lifetime member of The Goldens Bridge Volunteer Fire Department since 1957. He served as a firefighter for many of those years and was currently captain of The Goldens Bridge Fire District's fire police, a position he had held since 1983. Prior to his retirement in 2001, Joe worked in the super market industry for 44 years.Joe is survived by his wife of 53yrs, Margaret; his four children, Donna Vogler of New Milford, CT., Christopher & Chuck Manstrelli of Goldens Bridge, NY and Robert (Jennifer) Manstrelli of Pawling, NY; six grandchildren, one great grandchild and many nieces & nephews.

Family will receive friends on Monday, March 9, 2014 from 4 to 8pm at Clark Associates Funeral Home, 4 Woods Bridge Road, Katonah, NY.