Patch6713

Putnam Radios

8 posts in this topic

I'm working on updating my department's radio lists and was looking for a little help.

I found this on the Radio Standard Operation Procedure issued by the Putnam BES

Channel 1 46.38 - Dispatch only

Channel 2 46.50 - Fireground Operations

Channel 3 46.30 - Fireground Operations

Channel 4 46.04 - Fireground Operations

Channel 5 46.44 - (Receive) Putnam 911 to Mobile Operations

(Transmit) Mobile to Putnam 911

Channel 6 46.44 - (Transmit & Receive) Mobile to Mobile

Channel 7 46.10 - Fire Ground 7

Channel 13 46.54 - (Receive only) Monitor Mobiles Talking to Putnam 911

154.4375 Countywide High band

155.340 Ambulance/Putnam Hospital communications

155.400 Ambulance/Hospital alternate frequency

155.220 Ambulance Hudson Valley Hospital

155.280 Ambulance/Unassigned

155.205 GVAC Dispatch, Putnam Valley Ambulance Dispatch, Philipstown VAC Dispatch (EMS)

Can someone provide me with the transmit frequencies and the PLs for each of these channels. I also could use a little more information for what each channel is used for. Thank you

x635 likes this

Here is a link to the RadioReference.com page on Putnam County. The info there is updated by scanner enthusiasts on a regular basis. There is also quite a bit of info on individual department frequencies, and there is a link to the FCC's complete database of radio licenses in the county.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1864

Patch6713 likes this

Thanks for that. That answers most of my questions.

I still have a question about Channel 5. Radio reference shows a transmit and receive frequency as the same, but I don't think they are since channel 6 is the same frequency. Is that frequency what is written down as Channel 13? is that the transmit frequency for Channel 5?

Thanks for that. That answers most of my questions.

I still have a question about Channel 5. Radio reference shows a transmit and receive frequency as the same, but I don't think they are since channel 6 is the same frequency. Is that frequency what is written down as Channel 13? is that the transmit frequency for Channel 5?

I'm no where near Putnam County, and had no part in providing that information to Radio Reference. Whatever is there was provided by scanner folks down in that area. You'll have to verify this with someone down there. All I have done is pointed you at a very useful resource.

Dinosaur likes this

I'm no where near Putnam County, and had no part in providing that information to Radio Reference. Whatever is there was provided by scanner folks down in that area. You'll have to verify this with someone down there. All I have done is pointed you at a very useful resource.

I understand. Hoping that there is somebody else on the forum that might know.

Edited by Patch6713

Do the FDs in Putnam use lowband fireground channels for interior operations too?

It has been several years since I worked in Putnam County. As I recall, Channel 13 was programmed into mobile and portable radios so units in the field could monitor what other field units were transmitting to Putnam 911 on Channel 5.

Also at that time, each fire dept. had a low band fireground frequency assigned to them that they used for all operations interior and exterior.

Hope this helps.

Channel 5 is a split Tx and Rx channel similar to a repeater but there's no repeater involved. They added channel 6 and 13 to be "monitor channels for channel 5"

Almost all of the departments in Putnam have gone to VHF, UHF and Tband for firegrounds. All of the western Putnam departments have moved to UHF and Tband (due to difficulty obtaining VHF frequencies so close to the Hudson River), the east side of the county is mostly VHF. Alot of the departments that did go to high band are using district wide repeaters and in vehicle crossband repeaters so they can use their high band portables to communicate on low band and maintain interoperability. There's some talk about revamping the whole system.

trauma74 likes this