Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hastings FD Now Dispatched By 60 Control

11 posts in this topic

Starting yesterday, Hastings FD is now dispatched by 60 Control for all fire and EMS calls.

trauma74 and fireboy like this

Looking forward to it, very precise and efficient and it will limit unnecessary radio chit-chat

ARI1220 and trauma74 like this

How many calls a year do both departments do?

Also curious....does 60 Control have a dedicated call taker position?

How is the room broken up? North South? Are the departments split about even between dispatchers?

I would imagine New Rochelle has its own dispatcher?

trauma74 likes this

Along with the above, does anyone know how many structure fires 60 can handle at one time? Are they adequately staffed to pick up more departments going away from police dispatch?

Along with the above, does anyone know how many structure fires 60 can handle at one time? Are they adequately staffed to pick up more departments going away from police dispatch?

60 Control does not do PD dispatch. They are FD. County Police Dispatch is picking up dispatch for departments like Kisco and Tuckahoe in the evening/overnights.

How many calls a year do both departments do?

Also curious....does 60 Control have a dedicated call taker position?

How is the room broken up? North South? Are the departments split about even between dispatchers?

I would imagine New Rochelle has its own dispatcher?

All the major cities have their own dispatch.

60 Control does not do PD dispatch. They are FD. County Police Dispatch is picking up dispatch for departments like Kisco and Tuckahoe in the evening/overnights.

All the major cities have their own dispatch.

Peekskill and New Rochelle is dispatched by 60-Control. I think New Rochelle qualifies as a major city.

The question wasn't about 60-Control DOING police dispatch. The question was whether or not their staffing was changing as more departments leave the local PD dispatch and opt for 60-Control to do it.

velcroMedic1987 likes this

I don't think the standard of measure or benchmark can/should be how many structure fires 60 Control can handle. There really is no metric for that.

I think better metrics need to be identified to determine if 60 is adequately staffed.

A better question would be how many fire departments can handle a structure fire. ;)

Peekskill and New Rochelle is dispatched by 60-Control. I think New Rochelle qualifies as a major city.

The question wasn't about 60-Control DOING police dispatch. The question was whether or not their staffing was changing as more departments leave the local PD dispatch and opt for 60-Control to do it.

OK. Still confused about your 2nd question though.

OK. Still confused about your 2nd question though.

I didn't ask a question.

I didn't ask a question.

Edited by jr51070