Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD389RET

Breaking News Pa. Firefighters Held hostage in quarters ..

2 posts in this topic

Three firefighters were held hostage by an armed man inside the La Mott Fire Company in Cheltenham Township. (located about 10 Miles North of City Center Philly....

http://www.firehouse.com/news/12060050/firefighters-held-hostage-at-la-mott-fire-company-in-cheltenham

and from >>> http://inagist.com/all/582932066200866816/

"The Associated Press @AP

UPDATE: Ex-firefighter arrested after holding 4 others hostage at Philadelphia-area fire company:apne.ws/1G3MhiC"

3 minutes ago

Ex-firefighter arrested after holding 4 others hostage ELKINS PARK, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a former volunteer firefighter held four firefighters hostage at a Philadelphia-area firehouse before surrendering to police. No injuries were reported. SWAT team members converged on the LaMott Fire Company in Cheltenham Township, about 10 miles north of downtown Philadelphia, after the situation was reported at 10:40 a.m. Tuesday. Cheltenham Township Police Chief John Norris said the man, who was about 30 years old, was a former firefighter who had been in a dispute with the company and had been terminated Monday. Norris said the man fired one shot into a wall before police were notified and also made verbal threats.

Guess Thats one way to handle a dispute...Just Not the Smartest way.....

I am glad this ended with no loss of life both the firefighters and law enforcement. The article say the former members was in a dispute with the fire company. My guess is this goes way beyond that. And I am not excusing what he did and he should do time I also think he needs help. There is a mental illness crisis in this country that is exploding to levels we have never seen before and it is being ignored.

Dinosaur likes this