x635

Looking For Info - Former Eastchester NY 1947 American LaFrance

6 posts in this topic

Posting on behalf of a friend...

Seeking any pictures and/or information about a engine I purchased last year.

American LaFrance 700 series model 710-PEO with registration #9008 was delivered to Eastchester, NY in February 1947. It was stationed at Union Corners Engine and Hose Co. and has a #4 in the center of the emblem. Somehow the engine made it's way here to West Texas.

WCFCX613 and ptwatson like this

seth i was in eastchester fd when that rig was in service.it is now engine 30.there were 3 alf engines at that time .engine 29 bronxville,union corners and my company north end engine.all open cabs.could you find out were in texas it is. thx.

x635 and EmsFirePolice like this

That year and model use to be known as "bathtubs" because of the cab design, There were a lot of hose around both as Engines and Ladders both straight jobs and tractor trailers,, of course the years went beyond 1947 into the 50's

x635 likes this

This is my company's old engine!!! I have been looking for her for years!!! Any chance she can be bought and brought home?? 

x635 likes this

This is my company's old engine!!! I have been looking for her for years!!! Any chance she can be bought and brought home??   As you can see she is my profile pic on here. Would be a life accomplishment to get her back!! 

x635 likes this