Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFPCogs

Remembering 9/11/01

6 posts in this topic

Today we remember the horrific events of Sept. 11, 2001 and the lives lost. As a firefighter I share in the sadness and anger of the families of the 343 FDNY members who were murdered. RIP fellas. But there is another part of the story I remember too. With all the grief and anger still felt and with first responders paying a heavy price now for the time spent working at Ground Zero we sometimes overlook the fact that our FDNY brothers, along with the NYPD and PAPD saved over 10,000 people that day, TEN THOUSAND. The heroism and dedication of all of these men and women knows no bounds and the sacrifices, of both the living and of those lost, were not in vain. To all of them I say THANK YOU.

God Bless all of them and God Bless America!!

Never Forget

Billy, lt411 and sueg like this

Today we remember the horrific events of Sept. 11, 2001 and the lives lost. As a firefighter I share in the sadness and anger of the families of the 343 FDNY members who were murdered. RIP fellas. But there is another part of the story I remember too. With all the grief and anger still felt and with first responders paying a heavy price now for the time spent working at Ground Zero we sometimes overlook the fact that our FDNY brothers, along with the NYPD and PAPD saved over 10,000 people that day, TEN THOUSAND. The heroism and dedication of all of these men and women knows no bounds and the sacrifices, of both the living and of those lost, were not in vain. To all of them I say THANK YOU.

God Bless all of them and God Bless America!!

Never Forget

Well said. Its true we tend to forget those that did survive that day.

How many FDNY members responded that day? Anyone know?

Did all companies eventually respond?