Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BCFire05

Schedule help / suggestions.

1 post in this topic

Hey guys

Was curious if anyone would mind throwing in some suggestions. I'm currently at a fire dept at a regional airport. The guys who've been here a while have been trying to get our schedule back to the old way it was. (Though idk how it was before hand because it had changed to our current schedule before I started). He old schedule involved a Kelley day I believe every 5 or 6 weeks. Supposedly it was changed to the current schedule because the Kelley day schedule had too much OT.

Anywho, we currently work a 106 hr pay period.

24 / 48 with a 10hr day every other week.

Apparently the 10 hour day didn't exist on the Kelley day schedule and the other guys hate it. So we've been trying to think of a schedule that could work.

So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And if you can manage to show a schedule that'd be great.

Note* the chief tried suggesting a 48/96, and printed up a schedule, but it still included the 10 hour day which on a 48/96 sucks. That, and the older guys are very against a 48/96.

Anywho, here's a picture of the schedule, I'm the swing guy in grey. (Ignore the F1, F2, and F3. Those are the plane fuelers and they work a different schedule.)

post-21658-0-94840400-1448315538.png