Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SRS131EMTFF

New Westchester EMS 45-Medic Fly Car

12 posts in this topic

Here are some pictures I got tonight of a new Westchester EMS ALS Fly Car. Sorry for the poor quality and lighting, it was late and I took them in a hurry. It looks like it is a 2008 Ford Expedition and it is labeled 4011.

I like the rear chevrons, especially in the Westchester EMS blue as well as the back-up camera and what looked like a rotating scene light in-front of the lightbar.

Is this unit for the 45-Medics?

post-3705-1218432440.jpg

post-3705-1218432448.jpg

Edited by bvfdjc316

The backup camera is an interesting addition. Will have to see how that works....probably a screen in the visor or something. I'd rather have backup proximity sensors TBH, but not sure if they are available in Fords. Nice looking vehicle.

Nice Like the Stripes in the Back looks good. It almost looks like a parade line up with Sleepy Hollow EMS CAR there to. (I can tell Jimmy is working) lol

nice car. i think wems als flycar westchester 911 units are only the 45 medics - 1, 2 and 3.

where is this flycar based out of? in one of the pics, it looks like it's sitting at mt kisco vac.

These pictures were taken infront of the Westchester EMS location in Mount Kisco on Main Street by the hospital across the street from Friendlys. There are always the fly-cars or their ambulances or POVs with FD/EMS identifications on them in that general area.

Its either the supervisors car, or the ALS fly car to the van ambulances or the box ambulance and the staff/supervisor car that they park in back out front.

I know that all of the cars based out of Mount Kisco are 45-Medic, I am just curious to see where this individual car is assigned, whether it is permanently for temporarily assigned to the 45-Medics.

Edited by bvfdjc316

What?

45 - Medic -1 is stationed in MT. Kisco

45-Medic-2 Somers

45-Medic-3 Lewisboro.

When I was working there, the CARS themselves were not assigned to any particular medic.. they rotated between supervisors and medic posts (see above, as daday mentioned.) It is a very nice looking car, and the chevrons do quite a bit for the visibility!

WOW! Thanks for the spy shots!

This is definetly the next generation "45 Medic" car. I know Specialty Warning Systems outfitted 4016 (which I am proud that I got to put it into service, which was a big deal for me at the time), 4017, 4018, and 4019. Did they outfit this one as well?

Also, this appears to be an Expedition EL?

Hopefully someone can post more photos of this impressive upgrade for WEMS!

WOW! Thanks for the spy shots!

This is definetly the next generation "45 Medic" car. I know Specialty Warning Systems outfitted 4016 (which I am proud that I got to put it into service, which was a big deal for me at the time), 4017, 4018, and 4019. Did they outfit this one as well?

Also, this appears to be an Expedition EL?

Hopefully someone can post more photos of this impressive upgrade for WEMS!

I will try to get some more, better shots tomorrow if it is at quarters in Mt. Kisco or if I see it any where else.

Very Nice Truck - When did they stop putting the Stellaris labeling on the side rear windows?

We did inded build 4011.........full photo spread and info on the car coming on Sunday. WEMS is a very proactive orginization and should be applauded for their commitment to safety and functionality. Looking forward to the feedback on their new car.

Specialty Warning Systems

Danbury, CT

Edited by x635
Thread Closed, New Delivery Photo Thread Created, Please Continue All Discussion There