Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joetnymedic

Loss of Medic Jon Fleming - VEMS

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share this with you. I never had the pleasure to work with Jon, but several of my friends and co-workers did. The loss is very sad in itself, However, his family could really use some help. I wanted to forward this to you all as I know we all stick together especially in times like this. I'm not sure if VEMS is planning anything else, but I do know Bob Petinella and he is very approachable. So if you guys can pass this on and around I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Joe

http://valley.newhavenindependent.org/archives/entry/jon_fleming_personified_what_a_medic_should_be

I met "Bud Bud' a few times at a hand full of MVA calls. By what I've been told by my friends who worked side-by-side with him, he was a hell of a guy and a great medic and teacher.

Absolutely was. A true loss to the EMS community, though his memories will live on forever by those that he touched.

I never had the opportunity to meet Jon, but a lot of people in Fire/EMS whom I respect and who were always mentors for me say this guy was a top notch Medic and Instructor. That speaks volumes to me.

Rest in Peace Brother.