Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

EMTBravo Software Upgrade

3 posts in this topic

Members,

It's time to kick EMTBravo up a notch.

For the past few months, I've been working on the backend of the site to prepare it for the next generation of software. At first, I hated the new software, because the current software is something I was used to, it worked, and I don't like change. But the more I learned about it, the more I liked it. It will provide a better and easier experience for me running the site, and more importantly, it will provide a better user experience for members using the site (including mobile device options). It will also allow us to add some new features in the future that will help bring EMTBravo.com to the next level.

We've been using this software, which is highly customized for EMTBravo, for over 12 years now, and have upgraded to every version. This makes it difficult, because with every new version we upgrade to, the customizations have to be upgraded as well, which I spend hours coding myself or have to contract out for. Also to note, EMTBravo is hosted on it's own dedicated server.

What this means for you:

-EMTBravo may be offline for a few hours tomorrow afternoon (Thursday) into early Friday morning while the transition is made. I will work as fast as I can to minimize this downtime.

-When EMTBravo is back online, some features may be temporarily unavailable, and there may be some "bugs". We will keep an open line of communication with members to ensure all bugs are worked out and members can get assistance in using the new site.

-It will look very similar to the site now, and the learning curve should be minimal. You will, however, have tons of options to customize how you use and view the site.

-The new EMTBravo site will be "Responsive", which means you can use the site via computer, tablet, mobile device, and smart TV and it will look and function the same on all devices. For example, you will be able to use the site on your mobile device just as you would on your PC, including posting.

-Ultimately, a better EMTBravo.com

We will provide updates on this process as needed. Please check our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/emtbravo for updates while we are offline.

Thank you for your patience during this upgrade.

Seth Granville AKA "x635" AKA "EMTBravo"

Founder And Administrator, EMTBravo.com

Email: seth@EMTBravo.com

Just a reminder, this will hopefully be occurring beginning just a couple of hours from now. I'm actually sick today which has thrown a bit of a wrench into the plans, but I'm going to do as much as I can as quickly as I can. At this time, the plan above is still in effect with no change.

Westfield12 likes this

Well, there is still a lot of work to be done, but we're back online.  I'll be continuing to work on the site over the next few days. If you have any suggestions, need help, or find a bug, please post it in the "Help/Suggestions/Bugs" thread.

Westfield12 likes this