Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Injured EMT/Firefighter Needs Our Help

7 posts in this topic

To All,

On Monday April 14th, a Regional EMS ambulance was involved in a horrific motor vehicle accident in West Nyack, NY. The driver is expected to make a full recovery. However, the passenger was very seriously hurt. She sustained multiple traumatic injuries and had to air lifted to Westchester Medical Center, where in surgery they had to amputate her right arm. She is still in the ICU where her other injuries still require attention. She is only 21 years old. While we thank God she is still with us, the road to recovery is going to be long and expensive. Besides being active in EMS, she is also a four year volunteer firefighter with Florida Fire Department and volunteers for the American Legion by playing Taps every Memorial Day at various cemeteries. This great young girl has given her time back to the community since she was in high school. Her family as well has given their time to the community. Her father is retired NYPD, and her mother works in emergency communications. Let's show her that her extended family of brothers and sisters will be with her through this period. There are many fundraisers being planned and when finalized I will post the information. I can promise a beef steak dinner fundraiser at a FD in Rockland will happen in June. In the mean time what you can do to help is go to http://www.rps10-13.com/ where you are able to make an online donation via PayPal. You can also mail a personal/company check to the address below. Your donation will be deposited directly into the RPS/Regional EMS Benevolent Fund. This fund is financed solely through employee contributions and our annual John E. McDonagh Memorial Golf outing. The mission of the fund is to be able to take care of our employees and their families in their time of need. We simply do not have the funds to take care of this current crisis and still be there for future employees in their time of need.

PLEASE donate whatever amount you and your family can afford. Please then forward the website to everybody in your address list. Every penny helps. If you recall our last fundraiser held in 08/07, we raised over $21,000 in two months time for our injured colleague through an average donation of just $20. Many of you and your respective departments donated to that fundraiser. Because of your help, Ray Coffey was able to receive the rehabilitation he needed without having to worry about bankruptcy. We can not thank all who helped enough. Now we are faced with an even more dire situation. Below is a link for the Journal News articles regarding the accident and the employees, and for our website. Please help in whatever way you can. Our sister needs our help and we will not let her down. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. We sincerely appreciate all of your help. Be safe everybody.

Thank you,

The RPS/Regional EMS Benevolent Fund

149A S. Main St.Nanuet, NY 10954

(845) 627-8613 Ext: 183

rps1013@gmail.com

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008804150389

http://lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080416/NEWS03/804160392/1019/NEWS03

http://www.rps10-13.com/

Thanks for letting us know how we can donate.

EMS Night

at

Shea

May 13, 2008 at 7:15 p.m.

Mets vs Nationals

10-13

for

Bonnie Ames

A portion of all EMS group tickets purchased will be rebated back for the support of EMT Bonnie Ames, critically injured while on duty in MVA on 4.14.08 (with advance purchase through this flyer).

Sit together with other employees, family, friends and EMS supporters.

Great price for group seats in our Upper Level Reserved ($5)!

A pre-game ceremony at home plate will honor selected EMS members.

Each person will receive a Commemorative Shea Stadium Lapel pin (with advance purchase through this flyer).

Help support EMT Bonnie Ames as the Mets celebrate the hard work and dedication of all EMS personnel in the Tri-State area during EMS week.

Please return payment to:

Contact Person:_______________________________________

Phone:________________________________________

Seating Level Number of Tickets $ Amount

Upper Reserved ________________ @ $5.00 = ___________

Mezzanine Reserved ________________ @ $23.00 = ___________

Mezzanine Box ________________ @ $38.00 = ___________

(Subject to availability) Group Order Handling = $15.00

TOTAL = ___________

A pre-game ceremony at home plate will honor selected EMS members.

Tickets can be purchased on line for the event here-

http://mets.com/groups

Sign in ID- EMS

Password- METS

(both sign-in ID and password are in ALL CAPS)

Help support EMT Bonnie Ames as the Mets celebrate the hard work and dedication of all EMS personnel in the Tri-State area during EMS week.

http://nycemsblacksheep.com/downloads/EMSNight_Ames.pdf

The following went out over the EMS News tonight. I hope this will help Bonnie get support from our EMS family across the nation (and the world):

Note: A tragic on duty accident occurred (4/14) that has critically injured one of our EMS sisters in Rockland County New York. Please take a few minutes and go to the below website for more information on this incident. Also there are a variety of events and fund raisers being held to assist her and her family. As always any assistance you can provide (no matter how large or small) is greatly appreciated!

Please see the website for more information.

All the best, Paul

-----Original Message----- From: Florida, Raymond Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:00 PM Subject: EMT needs help

Please go to www.rps10-13.com a critically injured EMT named Bonnie Ames needs your support and help. She lost her arm in a tragic ambulance accident. Thanks Ray Florida

EMS Night

at

Shea

Hey Doug. I saw this on the wall at one of our stations last night. I absolutely hate the Mutts, but I plan on heading down to Shea for this. Do you know if any of the Orange County agencies are putting a group together to go down to the game? It's short notice, but maybe we could put something together.

Dan

Applebee’s in Mt. Kisco (185 N. Bedford Rd., Mt. Kisco), will be holding a Dining to Donate event to benefit Regional EMS EMT Bonnie Ames. Bonnie was seriously injured in an ambulance accident in Nanuet on April 14th. Bonnie sustained a serious cervical spinal injury and lost her right arm. She is being moved shortly from Westchester Medical Center to a rehab facility in New Jersey where she faces a long rehabilitation process. Obviously she and her family need all of our help.

I have flyers which I will be distributing to all of our local emergency services. If you bring your flyer with you to the Mt. Kisco Applebee’s any time on May 29th, 10% of your bill will be donated to the RPS/Regional EMS Benevolent Fund to benefit Bonnie. You must present your flyer to your server for credit. I cannot distribute flyers at the restaurant. If you would like me to send you one, send me your address and I will. You can also pick one up at Westchester EMS HQ and any of the VACs, FDs and PDs in the 45 Medic area. I will also place some up at NWH ER.

For more information about Bonnie and other fundraisers go to www.rps10-13.com. There is a paypal link on there if you’d like to make a donation directly. You can also drop off donations with me at our office.

Scott T. Glaessgen

Operations Supervisor

Westchester EMS

(O) 914-244-0440 Ext. 14

© 914-447-6950

sglaessgen@stellarishealth.org