Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spin_the_wheel

Bergen County NJ Tillers.....

24 posts in this topic

Can one of the Bergen members tell me how many Tillers are in service in Bergan...I know of Ridgefield Park, Cliffside Park and Rutherford and they are all 100% volunteer Depts. correct????......thanks....

Edited by Ladder47

All of the tillers in Bergen County are Volunteer.. Rutherford, Ridgefield Park, Garfield, and Cliffside Park..

Thanks I did'nt know about Garfield.......

Garfield Truck 4 is an early 90's (either 1990 or 1992, depending on source believed) Simon-Duplex/LTI tiller.

All depts volunteer But cliffside park Fire has paid EMT'S that staff Ambulance BTW Cliffisde Ladder 1 is running asFAST team to boro of Ridgefield as i type this

Cliffside park,nj ladder 1 ( X ridgefield park truck 1)

DSC01211.jpg

Edited by MESS11FOREVER

2006_0506Image0007.jpg

Rutherford's 1995 Simon Duplex/LTI

2006_0520Image0052.jpg

Garfield's 1992 Simon Duplex/LTI

2006_0401Image0015.jpg

Ridgefield Park's 2004 Seagrave

speaking of bergen county tillers...does anyone have pictures of Garfield's Maxim tiller before it was replaced due to an accident?

Moving from Bergen...any other NJ Volunteer Dept.s run with tillers.....Red Bank I think and maybe Oaklyn and Ocean Beach? As usual Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ladder47

Somerville got a new Seagrave tiller within the past year or so, but I haven't seen it (or any pics of it) yet.

Red Bank doesnt have the tiller anymore. Ocean Beach has a 75' ALF/LTI. Ocean Grove used to have a tiller, it was replaced by a Seagrave 2 years ago. Oaklyn still has the tiller.

Mike

Passaic County

Passaic Truck 2

Paterson Truck 3

Hudson County

Jersey City Ladder 3

North Hudson Regional Fire Rescue Ladder 1, 2, 4, 5,6?, 9 (that I know Of)

Harrison Truck

Correct me if I'm wrong

But they are all paid Departments....No other volunteer departments in upper Bergen county with tillers that I can think about

Edited by niteworkers

Thanks guys for the info......

Not volly, BUT..... Hoboken (when I lived there about 7 years ago) had a 1970's Seagrave Tiller running with a Mack CF out of the Washington Street Station b/t 13th & 14th Streets.

Edited by mfc2257

Somerville got a 2005 seagrave tiller with a 500 pound tip load. I will try and get pics up if i can get some of them from some of the guys in that company

Irvington runs a tiller as a reserve....they bought our old 1984 Seagrave when the 2005 came in

Edited by goon16

Not volly, BUT..... Hoboken (when I lived there about 7 years ago) had a 1970's Seagrave Tiller running with a Mack CF out of the Washington Street Station b/t 13th & 14th Streets.

http://fdnytrucks.com/files/html/otherstat...nty/Hoboken.htm

That Ladder?

I know they recieved 2 E-one Rearmount ladders and 1 E-One engine in March of 2004....The E-one's were assigned to Ladder 1 and 2 and Engine 5.....So that tiller is gone....unknown if North Hudson Regional Fire Rescue bought it or not

Hoboken still has the tiller it is a spare and it is now known as ladder 4 and i think they still have the FDNY rear mount as ladder 3.

Chris

thanks for the info Chris

Somerville got a 2005 seagrave tiller with a 500 pound tip load.  I will try and get pics up if i can get some of them from some of the guys in that company

There are some great pics of it on www.friepics.net the east brunswick 100th ann. parade thread.......

There are some great pics of it on www.friepics.net  the east brunswick 100th ann. parade thread.......

I thik you ment firepics.net

Truck 13 in Mercer County is a 2005 Seagrave tiller. I believe that they are a combo dept (paid/vollie), but am not 100% sure. Link to images of the tiller can be seen here:

http://www.htfd3.org/Truck.htm

Mt. Holly in Burlington Co. operates a 2000 American LaFrance LTI 104 Foot Tiller, which can be seen here:

http://www.ayrow.com/stacy%20photos/BurlCoFD_img0009.jpg

I believe they are all vollie also.