Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FF injured in tanker apparatus rollover

6 posts in this topic

Tanker Truck Flips on Fire Call, Firefighter Sent to Hospital

nbc25.com

ST. THOMAS TOWNSHIP, PA-

One firefighter is still in the hospital after a tanker truck flipped over on Sunday.

The truck is part of the St. Thomas Fire Department. It rolled over on a sharp turn while responding to a house fire in Hamilton Township.

Michael Kriner with the Waynesboro Fire Department was riding on the passenger side and had to be pulled from the truck.

He's being treated at York Hospital where he was last listed in satisfactory condition.

Officials with the St. Thomas Fire Department said they are still able to effectively respond to fires even though the tanker truck is out of service.

Reported by Gretchen Gailey

Firefighter44 likes this

This happened not to far from where I went to college. There is a large group of hills & valleys that surround the area and lots of winding roads. This happened in the flats at the bottom of a hill I believe.

post-163-1150164347.jpg

Edited by mfc2257
Firefighter44 likes this

That was a nice old Pierce while it lasted. I hope all of the injured make a full recovery.

Update on the rollover from The Secret List:

PA. UPDATE:

And finally, we have posted photos of the St. Thomas (PA) crash (on our News/Updates area) that happened yesterday where a 36-year-old volunteer firefighter was seriously injured. FF Michael Kriner was flown to York Hospital but was upgraded and listed in satisfactory condition there as of early this afternoon. The driver of the tanker, 35-year-old Michael Patterson, was treated and released. PA. State police said that Kriner was a passenger in the tanker when the accident occurred when Patterson “failed to negotiate a turn” while responding to the fire call. Patterson was not wearing his seatbelt, but Kriner was belted in, according to the cops.The tanker truck was badly damaged.

Take Care,

BillyG

Firefighter44 likes this

Unfortunately my department expierenced a similar incident with our tanker luckily they were minor injuroes involved. Hope for a full reover for you guys and be safe out there.