Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AS702

HT1000 Replacement Model?

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone happen to know what the replacement to the HT1000 is now?

The HT-1250... which, incidently, is a POS...

I agree with ESU78....if the HT1000 accessories work on the XTS 1500, than I'm sure that it would be the replacement

only other thing it possibly could be is the HT750...but XTS1500 I would go with

I know it cannot be the HT1250 or HT750.. Those are definately no where close to the HT1000.. From my understanding, the replacement is a slightly smaller, thinner version of the 1000..

Motorola HT1000 was replaced by the Motorola PR1500.

It's 32 Channels (as posted a few months back)

Unfortunately, all the new stuff seems to be crap.

I love my HT1000!

Motorola HT750, HT1250, = Crap! :rolleyes:

Motorola XTS series are awesome radios but you are gonna pay $$$.

Not only do you have to pay to buy the radio but also the software you

need for the radio to work. (Like Windows for a computer)

Just my two cents on the radio topic: SAFETY ISSUES!

It's ironic how we as Firefighters will spend $1,000 on a Lightbar and our Fire Departments will spend $1,500 to $2,000 per Firefighter for Turnout Gear yet the two-way radio you might need to call a MAY-DAY they cry if it's more

than $500.00.

Let's run out and buy crap like ICOM's. Whoops, did I say that?

Sorry.

The HTs arn't crap!!! They were still usefull for throwing at a perp or used as a door chock!!! LOL Had to through in some humor :lol:

Seriously, I had 1 UHF HT-1250 and it was a good radio. Never had a problem wiht it.

Edited by IzzyEng4

The HT1250 in UHF is an excellent radio.. Now VHF, it just sucks..

I actually liked the HT1000. Was a very durable, easy to use radio. That goes for the MT1000 as well.

I don't see why all the new radios coming out have to have all this fancy technology, tiny screens, and do-dads, most of which we don't use anyways.

Why can't they come out with a radio that is lightweight yet durable, has an easy to read and change channel indicator, and recieves and transmits properly??

The replacement for the HT1000 is like another user said before-the PR1500. The MT1500 as well as the XTS1500 are replacements as well. I don't care for them myself. That's why I'm looking to hav ethe XTS5000 be the replacement radio. And yes, therer is a significant price difference.

I have the XTS2500 model II... I love it,so far. Had it for almost two years haven't had a problem,just waiting for the smart battery to come our for it. Also I would get the speaker mic with volume controls right on the mic it's a nice feature when your radio is tucked away or in a radio strap which I prefer.

When the HT-1000 was no longer available, we tried the HT-750; and so far, we are happy with them.

Fireman488,

HT1000 to HT750? WOW!!!

You guys took like 3 steps back.

Can't say I blame you. Radios are $$$$$

Good Luck!

Does anyone happen to know what the replacement to the HT1000 is now?

The PR1500 and MT1500 are the repalcements for the HT1000. Both of these radios use the same charger and audio accesories as ther HT1000/MT2000.

The HT 1250 is the radio replacement for the HT 1000. We have had zero problems with this radio over the past few years. BYW our department is high band analog. I can't say enough about this radio which has taken a beating from some of our guys.

The XTS series is a differnt matter. The XTS series is digital and analog capable on the same radio, whereas the HT is either digital or analog. We just converted our radio freqencies to narrowband. The HTs work fine. The state-of-the-art XTS 2500s that our command staff have don't work AT ALL for about three times the price. If the problem isn't fixed shortly, I will gladly trade in these XTS radios for the HT 1250s. I'm a big Motorola fan, but shame on them for not delivering a product that does as advertised.

My only suggestion on the HTs is to get the heavy duty speaker mics, which are more water resistant than standard issue.

My personal feeling is that a lot of problems are most likely software driven, so the dealer makes a difference. Their competency in programming it from the start is important.

The XTS series is digital and analog capable on the same radio, whereas the HT is either digital or analog.

HT Digital or Analog? NO WAY. The HT 750's 1250's and 1550's or WARIS series of radio's are analog only. they are 25kHz/12.5 kHz capable but they ARE NOT digital in anyway. they have a Digital display but that is as far as they get.

The problem with your XTS 2500's might be the programming could be wrong on your 12.5 kHz channels or the radio's need to be tuned.