Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Who Collects?

17 posts in this topic

Just curious, of our forum membership, who collects diecast apparatus?

I do, and I have quite a large collection. I mainly enjoy Code 3's, but I have models of all different makes and sizes making for a very large minature fleet.

Lately, I haven't been into it as much, due to funds going elsewhere and limited space, but the interest is still strong. One day I will have a room dedicated for display purposes.

I have collected Code 3 since "almost" day one. Also have a handful of First Gear Mack engines (both B and L models). No Corgi or anything else yet, but I have a feeling that may change soon.

Also have dozens of commercial trucks, in various scales.

My collection is mainly Code 3. I have about 45 Code 3 pieces. I also have 20 Corgi 1:50 scale fire apparatus, 6 First Gear International ambulances and 5 First Gear fire trucks.

I guess u can say I collect Code 3.....Mainly FDNY but have not purchased in a long time. Also Use to collect Corgi when I was younger, Also have some Franklin Mint Diecasts.

Code 3:

Port Chester TL2

FDNY L26 (100th Anniversary)

Baltimore Truck 7 (Ladder 49 rig)

Jack Daniels Fire Brigade Ladder

Tarrytown TL78

...oh, and don't forget the Hess firetrucks!

I have probably the smallest collection. I only have 3 Code 3's. I have the Mack CF from Ocianic VFD in NY, and I have the two Jack Daniels Distilery rigs.

I have collected too much over the years and have just about run out of room. I probably have over 100 fd trucks and a large amount of contstruction equipment. Most of what I collect is 1/50 and 1/64 with a few other special pieces

I also have a large collection of mugs and plates and convention stuff from the last 30 plus years.

Some code 3's and some Corgi's.

I own every FDNY piece ever made, except for the Firehouses, The Marine Units & the original Diamond Plate & Squad 61 Diamond Plate. Not sure how many pieces that is, but it's alot. I have alot more then that: all 10 Code 3 Collectors Club pieces, Every Firehouse Expo Truck, and alot of odds & ends. Looks like I am going to have to sell most of the collection though as I am getting married next year. If anyone needs anything specific, let me know, maybee we can work something out.

2000+ pieces and still counting... it can become a sickness...

3500 and counting! The reason why, is because I go around to different towns, find out what kind of trucks they have and get the closest 1/64 scale model to their particular make and model of their trucks. That is the reason for all the questions I have asked about what all the different departments have around here. I do have about 70 code 3's a couple of corgis, first gear's, but mostly matchbox, hotwheels, maisto, realtoy and boley. Did I also mention I build my own models of special apparatus not made by any of those companies. Many of the special apparatus around here I have made an exact model of include; vistas's quick attack, somers u-34, mahopac falls's 2 tankers and verplanks R-42, just to name a few. thanx for readin'!

I have probably the smallest collection. I only have 3 Code 3's. I have the Mack CF from Ocianic VFD in NY, and I have the two Jack Daniels Distilery rigs.

I got 1, and it was a gift.... (FDNY L10)

Currently I have 430 Fire/Ambulance and Police Car Models. The majority are fire. 100 of the models are Code 3 --primarily FDNY, Boston FD and all of the Westchester County models (even though I have lived in CT for more than 20 years, I did spend 20 years in Westchester). Also have most of the Funrise models, all the Franklin Mints, most of the Yatmings, a lot of Corgi and models from just about every other company that has ever made a model fire truck including the recent 1:18 scale pumper from Highway 61. A lot of kit bashed stuff, including several Ford C pumpers and rescues using the old Hubley Ford C cab&chassis. I also have over 100 model cars and truck (non emergency) mostly cars of the 1950's when I was growing up. Collecting is not a sickness...it's more like an addiction!!!

3500 and counting! The reason why, is because I go around to different towns, find out what kind of trucks they have and get the closest 1/64 scale model to their particular make and model of their trucks. That is the reason for all the questions I have asked about what all the different departments have around here. I do have about 70 code 3's a couple of corgis, first gear's, but mostly matchbox, hotwheels, maisto, realtoy and boley. Did I also mention I build my own models of special apparatus not made by any of those companies. Many of the special apparatus around here I have made an exact model of include; vistas's quick attack, somers u-34, mahopac falls's 2 tankers and verplanks R-42, just to name a few. thanx for readin'!

Good god and I thought I was bad... lets see some pics of the kitbashes! Esp. 19-4-1/4-2 and the verplanck rig!!!!

I used to collect Code 3's fairly regularly. Not anymore, money has gotten tight.

I still have all 5 Rescues and I also have a few from this area, like West Haverstraw and Governor's Island. I'd like to add Oceanic to my collection one of these days.

If I had any kitbashing skills, I'd make some departments, LOL, like Nyack or New Rochelle.

-Da Buff