Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Stiloski's Hosting A Big Rig Rescue Class

8 posts in this topic

Stiloski's Automotive Corp is sponsoring a Big Rig Rescue Class in Tarrytown on November 4th and 5th. The class will be between 30-40 people.

Capt. Morris from FDNY Rescue will be the lead instructor, assisted by Billy Leach, of Big Rig Rescue training (He has presented at FDIC, Firehouse Expo, and many other venues).

Also, Holomatro, Hurtst, Paratech, and Rescuetech will be on hand to demonstrate their equipment and let you use the latest in extrication technology.

Particpants will have the oppurtunity to practice heavy extrication on such vehicles as dump trucks, cement trucks, school buses, tanker trailers, etc. There will be a lot of hands on during this class. These vehicles will be presented in a variety of positions and situations.

This class will be awesome, and fill up fast.

FDNY recently hosted this class, and there is a photo feature on EMTBravo.com

http://emtbravophotos.com/SpecFeat/FDNYHeavy.html

For more information, contact me via EMAIL (not PM!) x635@EMTBravo.com and I will put you in touch with Stiloski's to register or find out further information.

I have a copy of the flyer that I will try and scan and post this week

Don't miss this awesome oppurtunity!

Edited by x635

I received a flyer for this class, but the times and location were cut off the bottom.

Does someone have that information??

Thanks

I believe the class is Saturday November 4th from 8AM to 4PM, and Sunday November 5th 8AM to late afternoon.

I believe the class is  Saturday November 4th from 8AM to 4PM, and Sunday November 5th 8AM to late afternoon.

Might want to check the location again, I do not believe the class is in Tarrytown, last I spoke to him it is in Valley Cottage at his other yard.

The Big Rig Rescue Class scheduled for November 4th and 5th is now FULL. It WILL be in Tarrytown, hands on on the waterfront, classroom location TBA. Hours are 7AM-4PM both days.

If there is enough interest, they are looking to have another class the following weekend. (November 11th and 12th)

Please email me @ x635@EMTBravo.com if you are interested in attending the possible new class on the 11th and 12th WITH the amount of members wanting to attend and if possible names, and I will pass along the email to Stiloskis. Include your fax # if you want a flyer with more info.

This class is open to everyone who wants the oppurtunity to learn advanced heavy extrication skills, and is currently affiliated with a Fire, EMS, or Police agency that performs extrication and rescue.

Don't forget, get the word out to those you know that a Big Rig Rescue Class is (possibly) being offered Nov. 11th and 12th 7AM-4PM sponsored by Stiloskis and hosted in Tarrytown.

If you missed out on registering for the first class, here's some info:

Thanks to Stiloski's for sponsoring and hosting this awesome class.

i actually got into the class coming up on november 4-5 and i am definatly looking forward to it. i saw pictures from when stilowski did the class with rescue 3 in the bronx and it looks amazing. ill let you guys know how it went

Stiloski's is looking for any department that is willing to bring 2 rescue trucks for auxillary and extra equipment, please email me at x635@EMTBravo.com

Thanks.

The class will start at 0730hrs at Tarrytown FD- Riverside Hose (by the train station,next to the police station)

Again, anyone who can bring a rescue....the more tools the merrier.