Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest TOYBUFF911

Stiloski's Big Rig Rescue Class Recap & Thank You

7 posts in this topic

This weekend John Stiloski of Stiloski's Towing sponsored and funded an intense Big Rig rescue class, taught by Billy Leach Jr (Big rig rescue) and Capt. Bob Morris (FDNY Rescue #1). The class brought together firefighters, police officers, ems workers, and heavy wrecker tow operators from around the state, for a challenging and realistic 2 day training session. The class was an intense all hands on event and it provided an wealth of technical information, as well as the oportunity to train with the latest rescue tools on the market. A special thank you goes out to Brookfield Auto Wreckers, Tarrytown Fire Dept., Paratech Rescue Equipment and Rescue Tools for thier assistance and the use of thier equipment. The biggest thank you, again goes to John Stiloski and his men for there incredable generosity in making this event happen. You can not be thanked enough.

Dennis Borrelli and Sgt. Kal Nassar

Yonkers Police Dept. ESU

You hit the nail on the head ToyBuff911!

Thanks to Stiloskis for sponsoring and hosting this awesome class.

I also found it great to see the people from the variety of agencies working together and in my group even learning from one another.

Also, thanks to x635, for if it wasn't for him I wouldn't even know about this class. Dissapointed you couldn't make it though, bro.

GREAT, GREAT class! Thanks Stiloskis!!!

Over 115 photos from the Big Rig Rescue Class sponsored by Stiloski's Automotive are now posted:

http://www.emtbravo.com

Special thanks to HFD201 for taking and submitting the photos, and to HFD23 for burning and delivering the CD.

I'm still upset I couldn't make it as well for I already scheduled myself for a course the same day prior to knowing. I cant' wait for another one to come up and I will definately be there. Everyone I talked to loved it and it is refreshing to see so many upbeat about training.

the class was absolutly incredible. i was fortunate enough to get in on it and loved every second. in tarrytown, we cover a portion of the nys thruway and the tapanzee bridge so there is always a chance that something like this could happen. After taking this course i feel more confident about dealing with these situations. if you get an opportunity to take this class...DO IT!

also wanted to say good job to my group (group 2). excellent teamwork over the 2 days.

Great class, alot of hands on and tool time and a excellant binder full of information to take home, it was also great to try out and work with all different brands and kinds off tools as well as some interesting situations all the while dealing with alot of equipment that most departments don;t carry. it was also great that our group was comprised of 12 members from Hartsdale Greenville Fairview and Scarsdale Which was great becuase we work together often and most likely would do so if this sort of incident happened.

thank you to Stiloskis for sponsoring and hosting this class.

Thanks again to Stiloski's for an awesome class. It was very generous of them to pay for the entire class. I too thought it was great to see everyone from all sectors working together.

And HFD201, thanks for the photos! Really showed what kind of challenges we were presented with.