Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

MasPike Does Not Mess Around!

4 posts in this topic

These two MassPike (I-90) trucks are impressive! Does anyone know more about these truck (Oshkosh, I think).

Does any DPW in this area have classic snow war monsters like these?

[attachmentid=1758]

post-11-1166031061.jpg

Tarrytown DPW has a really nice Walters that is in nice shape

I believe in North Castle's DPW yard there is a Oshkosh possibly R-series equiped with plow and right hand wing. Yonkers DPW had some older W-models, with packer bodies and plows. Thruway has a few HB models with snow throwers in the sysytem. Walthers were more the norm in NY due to the fact they were made in NYC then in Voorhees, until KME bought them and moved operations to PA. As you get futher upstate, you find Oshkosh rigs stored in the back of DPW yards all bladed up, ready for the worst old man winter can throw at them. Anybody got any in there DPW yards?

I believe in North Castle's DPW yard there is a Oshkosh possibly R-series equiped with plow and right hand wing. Yonkers DPW had some older W-models, with packer bodies and plows. Thruway has a few HB models with snow throwers in the sysytem. Walthers were more the norm in NY due to the fact they were made in NYC then in Voorhees, until KME bought them and moved operations to PA. As you get futher upstate, you find Oshkosh rigs stored in the back of DPW yards all bladed up, ready for the worst old man winter can throw at them. Anybody got any in there  DPW yards?

You are right, North Castle DPW does run an older Oshkosh modified P series truck with a plow and right hand wing. The unit also has a combination sander/deicing body, and seems to only be used for snow removal. I thought I would never be able to see this truck in action, living on the back roads at the edge of the "district" lines, but two years ago, the truck passed my house with the wing in action biggrin.gif Although not classic snow monsters, in Bedford, the town subcontracts to Fancher Excavating and Halpin Excavating where a 2000 Kenworth T-800 tri-axle dump and a 1980's GMC General tri-axle dump run in tandem with 12' plows to clear the main roads (State DOT clears these roads as well).

Edited by BedfordFire