Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Greenville Fire 12/19 (With Preview Photos)

23 posts in this topic

Greenville's 3rd Alarm 12/19/06

Numerous EMTBravo photographers were on scene including myself. This is my first real fire that I've really "buffed".....it happened that myself and x901 were having lunch right down the street, and listenting to my new scanner. We have shots from the time the first due units pulled up. Sucks for the family at this time of year though.

Greenville Capt. Nugent was the IC, and did a great job. All the manpower worked very hard, this was a difficult structure especially the manpower involved in the first half hour. Older Type III with multiple renovations over the years. Plaster/lathe walls and Slate roof. Many different floors and built into a steep grade. Roofers on scene working on coppper gutters upon FD arrival. Several firefighters with minor/moderate injuries, including smoke inhalation, exhaustion, and muscle injuries, and I wish them well and a speedy recovery.

As described in the IA, multiple FD's were on scene.

I am currently downloading the photos, which takes a little while on my D-Reb, especially since I have over 500 shots. I am posting photos as they come out on this thread, and later this evening (after 11PM) I will be posting the complete set of my photos from this fire on EMTBravo.com and x635Photos.com . NYCFire.net & OnTheJobNY.com were also on scene shooting away.

Here's some previews:

This shot is from earlier on in the incident.

[attachmentid=1771]

post-11-1166557788.jpg

Here's a video from when the fire went defensive

Edited by x635

Another photo later on in the defensive operation. C exposure with no aerial access in the rear. Rear of house was on a steep grade, backed and surrounded by another large property. Multiple lines were working:

[attachmentid=1772]

post-11-1166559486.jpg

Edited by x635

Assitant Chief Hammer, Yonkers FD. I am currently downloading the photos, which takes a little while on my D-Reb, especially since I have over 500 shots. I am posting photos as they come out on this thread, and later this evening (after 11PM) I will be posting the complete set of my photos from this fire on EMTBravo.com and x635Photos.com . NYCFire.net & OnTheJobNY.com were also on scene shooting away.

[attachmentid=1773]

And another shot from earlier on:

[attachmentid=1774]

[attachmentid=1775]

post-2-1166560045.jpg

post-2-1166560286.jpg

post-2-1166560906.jpg

The roof held the fire in really well until it just couldn't take in anymore. You will see more of what I mean when I post the shots of the fire when the first due units pulled up.

[attachmentid=1776]

Smoke made "C" side operations difficult at times. Smoke was so intense that it blocked out the sun.

[attachmentid=1777]

Two of Greenville's most recent transfer's first fire in Greenville.

[attachmentid=1780]

post-2-1166561399.jpg

post-2-1166561592.jpg

post-2-1166561830.jpg

i got there about 45 min to an hour late these are some of the pics i took x635 was there earlier he got some better pics

[attachmentid=1778]i sent some pics in to here are some i took

post-440-1166561644.jpg

x635 likes this

Wow guys those are some awesome pics. Can't wait to see the rest of them later on.

x635 likes this

Multiple master streams were placed into operation

Got to run, sisters birthday dinner then I have to take my fiance and her brother to the airport. Will be back after 11PM, and the complete set of x635 photos should be posted sometime after 1AM.

[attachmentid=1783]

post-2-1166562974.jpg

That was really some fire!!! Seth I know your probably overloaded with picture's so I sent 50 tongue.gif Just kidding I sent you 3 I think you'll like them.

x635 likes this

i heard 6 firefighters were hurt. is there any news on their condition. I wish them well and hope they have a speedy recovery.

x635 likes this

Here are some more. More photos upon my return later this evening will be posted on EMTBravo.com & x635Photos.com

Scarsdale vents the roof, with FF Maxwell (whom I attended Probie School with) on the saw:

[attachmentid=1787]

The house shortly after the arrival of first due units:

[attachmentid=1788]

Greenville Captain Nugent, who was the IC for this incident- calling for additional units

[attachmentid=1789]

That's in for now. The complete set of photos will be posted later this evening (Around Midnight) on EMTBravo.com & x635Photos.com

post-2-1166574652.jpg

post-2-1166574657.jpg

post-2-1166574662.jpg

I gotta say i'm really impressed by the coordinated efforts and skill of all the departments. Congrats to x307 and his fellow transfer.

x635 likes this

Just a quick question...How come a captain of the company was the IC? Greenville didn't have any chiefs available?

x635 likes this

Just a quick question...How come a captain of the company was the IC? Greenville didn't have any chiefs available?

Car 2151 is the only Greenville chief, and he was out of the area. The on-duty Captain is the shift commander for Greenville, therefore he is the IC until 2151 arrives (when available).

Edited by x635

Car 2151 is the only Greenville chief, and he was out of the area.  The on-duty Captain is the shift commander for Greenville, therefore he is the IC until 2151 arrives (when available).

Car 2159 (Capt) was the IC following the injury of the initial IC Capt Nugent pictured above... also i believe he is the Acting Chief while 2151 is out of town.

Edited by HFD23
x635 likes this

Well, I'm not really happy with the way my photos turned out. I don't feel they reflect the difficulty of this fire.

Here's 96 of them:

http://www.emtbravophotos.com/News/121906.html

x901, tbendick, and Truck4 and some others also have photos of this incident as well.....they all will be posting their shots soon.

Those pictures really look great.

x635 likes this

Here is some video that I shot:

Great shots Seth. I saw pictures of PFFs Justin Mathew and Doug Mignone of SFD. Gee, it only took them 11 days out of the Academy to catch their first job, and a third alarm no less. Are you still waiting? Good job to all the Depts. and I hope the brothers aren't hurt too bad. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

x635 likes this

Great pics and great job by all the brothers involved.

I hope all made out ok with injuries sustained.

DFFD...if you have any other questions that you are interested in in regards to ICS, post em' so we can discuss them. Nice to see you had a question and you asked. Not to hijack the thread in another direction, but even if a chief was there, a Captain or even a firefighter who established command can stay that way. I had a chief who often would leave you as IC if you were doing a good job, were competant and was controllable for the level of experience you had and he would often assume the operations role.

x635 likes this