Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyC3J

Spring Valley ALF tower

31 posts in this topic

Haven't heard anything in a while about the status of the new ALF tower ladder for Spring Valley (Rockland Co.). Did it ever arrive yet? If not, does anyone know when it might?

I'm also intersted to know what's up with this?

Should be an very nice looking piece....

I would think this unit would be nearing completion as I saw the chassis in Ephrata back in Oct. Our unit was 3 months from the time the chassis was there to the unit arriving at the station. I think it ought to be pretty sharp as its the same "dark plum" color as their Rescue 17.

With a special thanks to a source, I am able to share the following information. Final inspection was completed last weekend, truck is currently having the graphics finished up, delivery to the dealer within the coming weeks, followed shortly thereafter by final delivery.

There were some pic's of the chassis on RocklandFires.com when I checked last week. You do have to register to view the forums where the pic's are located.

Pics of the nearly-finished unit (lettering in progress) were posted on Rockland's forum the other night. Very next morning, however, the "registered members only" went into effect.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmm........"

Truck does look very nice. Methinks I might have to blow off the Middletown parade this year and take in Rockland's instead. Want pics of that bad boy big-time!

Edited by AndyC3J

Pics of the nearly-finished unit (lettering in progress) were posted on Rockland's forum the other night.  Very next morning, however, the "registered members only" went into effect.

I noticed the same thing. Guess I'll have to register. Seems like a great site for anything Rockland.

Excellent site for rockland info and firematic topics as for Their ALF mid mount looks like one sharpe looking aerial piece comming to spring valley

Sorry guys, decided to make the forum PRIVATE, so your going to have to register to view anything. Here are a few photos from the factory that were passed on to me. Notice the Roto Ray on the front, possibly the 1st ever in Rockland !

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

WOW! Looks GREAT, thanks for sharing the photos! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Will the entire Spring Valley fleet be going to this color eventually?

Just a quick question, have the outrigger design changed, it does not look like the outriggers can be pinned?

Now, that is a sharp looking ALF Eagle Tower Ladder. I like the Plum Color of the Rig. Also, the Emergency Lighting package that has been chosen for this New Tower Ladder, along with the Roto Ray in the front of the rig, will certainly make this apparatus "Very Noticeable" when it is on a run. I wish that the New Yonkers Rescue ALF Eagle would be fitted with the same Emergency Lighting Package as this one (including the Roto-Ray)

Just got a video of the new truck:

No, just Rockland H&L's apparatus is changing to this color. Started with 17-Rescue a few years back !

I really like the color and functunality of this rig.......

it looks good but the roto-ray to me kills the front of the rig, i just dont like the roto-ray

but other then that the lighting on this rig is killer =)

Just a quick question, have the outrigger design changed, it does not look like the outriggers can be pinned?

They can, that design (the rounded out rigger) was an option introduces when ALF bought LTI. It was something to due with presenting torque or tension twisting, I don't actually remember though but ALF should have some literature on their web site.

They can, that design (the rounded out rigger) was an option introduces when ALF bought LTI.  It was something to due with presenting torque or tension twisting, I don't actually remember though but ALF should have some literature on their web site.

The new outigger designs do not need to be pinned, according to an ALF rep that I had spoken to. It came up in discussion with the rep regarding TL78 and operating the ladder while the outriggers are pinned.

So, I take it this will replace the relatively new Metz Tower Ladder? Can anyone from Dept. 17 speak about issues with that piece? Are you getting rid of it?

So, I take it this will replace the relatively new Metz Tower Ladder?  Can anyone from Dept.  17 speak about issues with that piece?  Are you getting rid of it?

From what I gather, this is in addition to the Metz. The new ALF will be out of Rockland H&L, while the Metz serves out of Spring Valley H&L.

This is what the new tower is replacing:

[attachmentid=1875]

post-2788-1168900673.jpg

This is what the new tower is replacing:

[attachmentid=1875]

Thanks for explaining that one, I appreciate it.

RA

SO is this going to be designated Tower Ladder 17?......this was up in the air a while ago?........... Heard a rumor this was going to be called "17 Truck"....

SO is this going to be designated Tower Ladder 17?......this was up in the air a while ago?........... Heard a rumor this was going to be called "17 Truck"....

It is going to be Called 17-Quint, we are keeping the same Radio ID as the old American LaFrance :

Looks like Tarrytown TL-78 has some competition!!

I really like this truck!

Check out the photos of the completed truck at http://www.emtbravo.com

I don't know if it can compete with Tarrytown.....no Thermal Imager on the bucket... wacko.gif

Seriously though, nice lookin truck!

Edited by lfdR1

You've got to love that Roto Ray on the Front Grill. You would have to be blind not to be able to see this Great Looking New Rig coming !!!

Beautiful truck. Nice color and Killer lighting package. I personally really love the roto-ray, although my department has no apparatus with the "rays" installed...shucks!!

A few shots early in the morning before JT showed up.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Rig cost abut $875,000 fully equipped !

Edited by Photofires