Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Who's Getting What? Any rumors?

64 posts in this topic

Apparatuswise:

Anyone hear anything about anyone getting a new engine, truck,rescue, tanker, chiefs cars, etc in the near future or 2005???? If so, share the dirt with us here on this thread, even if its just a rumor or speculation at this point!!! In addition, if anyone can confirm or straighten out/add to the info, let us know here!

I've heard a rumor Bedford Village is getting a new Seagrave engine.

Mohegan FD VAC has just finished forming a replacement committee to start the process of replacing 69B3, a 1999 Ford E-450/AEV. We'll see what happens over the next few months....

Valhalla VAC is working on a replacment for 82B1 currently a 1996 McCoy Miller. I think they are looking at a PL Custom.

Seth that is no rumor Bedford Village has a seagrave pumper in the planing stages to repalce Engine 211...i heard the truck is going to be Black over Red should look sick... I was told by a member the engine should be in there headquaters by the middle of '05 (but dont hold me to thats the date i have heard)

Somers-

New Engine 185- KME Preditor 1500 GPM/ 1000- Should be delivered in Dec.

New Rescue 20- Spartan/Rescue 1 (late spring/early summer)

New Ambulance 80B3- Out to bid (???)

New Chief's Car (2443)- ???

Possibly New MA-14 (???)

Replacment for Engine 186

A few more rumors that I just remembered hearing:

Montrose, New Engine possibly ALF

Tarrytown, ALF rear mount Tower Ladder

Goldens Bridge-Chiefs truck

I'll probaly think of a few more I've heard, and I'm sure you people know of some more unconfimed ones as well.

ive heard the same about Goldens Bridge i heard the new chiefs truck is to be four door chevy for 2143

Seth, you would be correct about Montrose. They are looking to replace the current E125, their short wheel-base rescue/pumper, which crapped out a while back. I heard that they are looking at ALF as well, but i'm not 100% sure. I'm not sure even what stage they are in at this point, they still may be in the bidding process. As soon as i get more factual info, i'll be sure to post it!

even tho we're talking bout trucks, what about bedford new FH.....how far along is that.....is it still a posibility thell build it...i also heard that they were changing all there trucks to black over red when they got the new seagrave

Last I heard about Bedford's new Firehouse is that at the last commissioner election, the voters voted in the guy who was opposed to the new station instead of the incumbent. Looks like it will be a long hard road before they see any new firehouse there.

Engine 85 in Sleepy Hollow is looking for a new pumper...1750GPM...500 or 750 Tank....probably will be Seagrave or Pierce

Putnam Valley ordered a KME Excel XMFD 1,000/1,000 Custom Rescue / Attack Pumper to replace 24-2-1 the "B" side first due. 24-2-1 is a 1988 Pierce Lance 1,000/1,000 pumper. The 1988 will be relocated to the "A" side to replace 24-2-2 which is a 1985 Pierce Arrow 1,000/1,000 pumper.

The new rig will feature 10" raised roof with seating for 6. 500 h.p. series 60 Detroit Diesel, Allison World 4000EVS Transmission, Whelen L.E.D. Lighting (Federal Provides the audibel warning with a PA-300 as well as a mechanical Q2b), Waterous CS-Y single stage pump, 30 gal foam tank, ROM Roll up doors, 10,000 watt hydraulic generator, Will-burt light tower, "portable" winch setup, custom compartments, etc...

If you wnat anything further--let me know

Construction has begun, delivery is expected in early to mid January.

I never got the need for a 1750 GPM pump, no need for that!

has any heard when South Salem's new engine 167 is getting delivered. I've seen pictures on their web-site of the truck, but didnt know when the truck was getting delivered. it's a nice looking short-wheelbase ALF.

IT IS AT SOUTH SALEM NOW, STRIPED AND READY TO GO / I HEARD IT IS A GOOD LOOKING PUMPER. ALFs ARE GOOD AND EVERYBODY SEEMS TO BE GETTING ONE. TO BAD WE ARE NOT!

Croton Just received an ALF not too long ago. Many many problems!

Croton's Washington Engine Co. No. 2 hopes to go out to bid in Mid-October for its new 1500 gpm / 750 gal Engine 119. Our Tanker 10 is nearly completed and should be back to us in the near future. Last report was that she is being painted and lettered. Engine 119's replacement specs call for a 10-man stainless steel rig, with a dual-stage 1500 gpm pump, 750 gallon tank, on-board generator and a total of 8 flood lights. Other features will be posted when I get around to doing it. NO MANUFACTURER HAS BEEN CHOSEN OFFICIALLY THUS FAR.

1750 pumps are useful when there are no hydrants and you need to supply numerous pieces of apparatus. I.E. A master stream/truck and an engine with numerous handlines in operation. When properly executed it works quite well.

I just saw engine 167 pass me on the way to work. Althiugh I couldn't turn my head fast enough, I believe they are done striping and lettering and now it's on it's way to the radio shop. Hopefully it will be in service soon. By the way it has Red 167 painted on the grille just like Yonkers, looks like a hot rig.

Verplanck has taken delivery of a new chiefs car 2004 Ford Expedition. All work done by rescuestuff pictures can be viewed on this website. Vehicle will be 2492

I heard that Pleasantville is getting a new chief's vehicle. Will be a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z-71 4x4 State Police package, with a Whelen light package (LED/Strobe) and Kenwood dual head radio.

Empress: Yonkers EMS Division is in the process of getting a MedicRescue vehicle. It is going to be an F350 chasis w a 6' long boxutility section. Vehicle will be assigned to the Special Operations Division.... taking delivery soon.

I saw Hastings new Engine 43 at Excelsior yesterday- looking good!

Getting final touches for delivery.

PelhamEmpress EMS new 38M1 flycar coming soon to start in January 05

Hastings is putting together specs for a new ambulance. Waiting for the salesman to get back to us.

WEMS Flycars going out for conversion. Place in Danbury called Specialty Warning Systems. Paint scheme identical to the old trucks. Electrical system will kick butt! I can't wait to get pictures.

i hear thornwood is getting a rescue which will replace the mack engine 88 sometime in the summer or next year

Mahopac falls possibly getting a new 2500 gallon tanker/pumper to replace older tanker. No plans as of yet in who will make it

Brewster possibly another Commercial engine, 11-2-3?