Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Canaan Tanker

64 posts in this topic

whats with the blue red green yellow lights on the sides?

Those lights on the side of the cab are for the tank level indicator so they can be easily seen from a distance. Also on an other note. I just got off the phone with the chairman of the tanker commitee. They are out at the factory. The tank and body are mounted and everything looks good. It goes to paint next week. I hope to post photos on Wednesday.

[attachmentid=2624][attachmentid=2625]Here are some more build photos of our new tanker taken this week at Seagrave Canada. It should go to paint next week. All of the fabrication on the tank and body is of stainless steel.

post-1379-1178196646.jpg

post-1379-1178196674.jpg

Lookking Awesome!!! Can't wait for delivery day. I'll bring the baby oil............to shine the stainless steel tank

Edited by jdwes32

That is going to be one awsome rig. Cant wait to shoot some photos of it for my collection

I drove past the Carleton Place / Canadian Seagrave factory at 6:00am on Thursday morning on my way into my fishing camp north of there. I'm obviously not sure if they are building a rig with an identical chassis / cab / paint combo up there, but it looked like New Canaan's rig was sitting outside nosed up against the side garage door with the body off of it.

Any word on progress from the factory. If the body is off, I'd assume that it's probably in the process of getting painted.

It was probably our chassis you saw. The tank and body were removed for painting.

Looking good! Definetly a unique Seagrave chasis (kinda like Put Valley)!

Also, tank shape is cool and unique. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Does this replace the Ward Lafrance, and if so, what will be done with that?

The tank is all stainless steel with a hose bed welded to the top of it. After painting it will be covered with a polished stainless wrap. It will replace the Ward Lafrance. I'm not shure what will happen to the rig. Here are more photos of the tank.

post-1379-1181052082.jpg

That evolution started with a 1922 pumper (Engine 1) and than 1924,46 and 59 pumpers ( all with Engine 2 )  ,  1949 and 2003 ladders ( ladder 3) . I think there is an engine company in Nyack has owned no other make since going motorized.

You're right about the Seagrave's at New Canaan. The company in Nyack you're thinking of is Mazeppa E&H. They've actually had nothing but Seagrave since the horse drawn days. Granted they area single piece co.

Here are some photos of our completed tanker. This week we will traveling to Seagrave Canada for the final inspection.

post-1379-1187103202.jpg

Looking good, thanks for keeping us updated with photos.

Just out of curiosity, how come this apparatus is at Seagrave Canada? Was it built up there?

The cab, chassis,and pump module were assembled Wisconsin. The tank and body were built and installed at their plant in Canada. ere is another photo.

post-1379-1187119737.jpg

Looking at that last picture you posted it looks as if the rig is set up to carry some hose above the tank?

Looking at that last picture you posted it looks as if the rig is set up to carry some hose above the tank?

It will carry 500 feet of 5" hose and 500' of 1 3/4 hose in the crosslays.

It will carry 500 feet of 5" hose and 500' of 1 3/4 hose in the crosslays.

So how did the final inspection go? Any more pictures? When is it leaving Canada? and when do you think the earliest it could be in service?

The final inspection trip went well. The tanker performed great. It should be here soon. Here are a couple more photos from our most recent trip.

post-1379-1187880464.jpg

post-1379-1187880860.jpg

Edited by car11

That is a sweet rig. Good luck, cant wait to see it in person

That's a nice looking vehicle! Good luck with it! The rear dump shute looks like what we just had installed on our tanker. Seems to work well.

Car 11,

Is it going to make a special appearance at headquarters this weekend or what? I heard maybe Saturday. Let me know what time if it is swinging through.

-JW

The new tanker made a brief visit to HQ on Saturday. I unfortunately missed it. I know alot of you are photo buffs, and alot of you are in NY. The rig is in Mamaroneck right now, if any of you feel like taking some shots of it while it 's getting "made-up" I would love to see them.

Saw it there today as I drove by, but didnt have a camera with me.

Tanker 8 is coming along quite well. The cab is almost striped and the equipment is being mounted. Excelsior is doing a great job and we can't wait till we get it into service. Once I figure out how to post photos, I will do so.

Take Care and Stay Safe! :rolleyes:

good luck with the new rig, it looks awsome

got a good look of it down at excelsior garage... cant get enough of the Seagraves!

Tanker 8 will be delivered to New Canaan this week on Weds. Once I or Car 11 have some good shots, we will post some. Thanks for all the compliments, we appreciate it.

Take care and stay safe! :rolleyes:

I found out yesterday that Seagrave wants to feature Tanker 8 in their 2008 calendar. I feel honored that our tanker was selected.

I would like to thank Excelsior Garage for an excellent job! and East/West Fire Consultants for all of their input and ideas. I also would like to thank Pound Ridge F.D. and Bedfordhills F.D. for all of their help and assistance. I felt that the truck committee did an outstanding job and it was a pleasure to be part of it.

Take care and stay Safe! :rolleyes:

I saw the new tanker rolling down I-95 this morning in Greenwich, looked sharp.