Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oswegowind

How Did You Come Up With Your EMTBravo Name?

66 posts in this topic

It's a combination of where I work and my employee number (SouthWest Emergency Medical Communications Center 70, a.ka. SW-CMED).

Dave is my name LOL

27 Well wanted it 29 ( Harvick fan ) but hit 7 instead LOL

millwood127

I am a member of millwood fire co. and 127 is my number in the dept.

Heard a couple guys in my FD talking about it, asked them, went home and joined that night. That was 8 July 2004

Another good question ,,,, How did you first hear about the site , ie. link, or word of mouth after a working fire or incident ?

biggrin.gif

I believe Seth was in Boston at the time and since we used to talk a lot he told me to join up and I did. I am not a big internet person and this site probably takes up 75% of my time on the internet. Big fan of the EMT B!

Its what I am, grumpy and a firefighter, and plays off one of my e-mail addresses. Found out about emtbravo from Pville2371 (2372 at the time)

201/65 =

Walden Fire Department Shield 201

Town of Montgomery Ambulance Operator 65

I found this site through a link on the watch desk.

mlfc...MT Lodge Fire Co used to belong years ago thats another story

EMT093.....Monroe Vol Amb corps my operator # for that organization and orange cty Id for said co.

mlfcemt093 it's also my aol name

feel free to say hello cool.gif

xfirefighter484x

When originally signing up on AIM for a screen name, firefighter484 was taken, so I threw an 'x' on the beginning and end of it. 484 is my month and year of birth, April 1984.

I had heard a few people I know talking about EMTBravo about 3 to 4 years ago, but never thought much of it. After about a year of sporadically checking out local incidents that had pictures or a write-up posted, I got suckered in.

EMTBravo has absorbed me in.

It now probably accounts for about 75% of my internet time.

And I spend a lot of time online.

Edited by xfirefighter484x

JBE is an abbreviation of a nick name I came up with a few years ago. J, for my first name, BE for my most prominent feature, Blue Eyes.

And, seeing as how I live in a neighborhood well known for its ties to organized crime, specifically the Gambino family, I think the name Jimmy Blue Eyes goes well.

My friends talked about it so I tried it out and i've been adicted ever since!

One of our guys who moved here from Kisco was all about this website and showed it to us, as well as our Chief of Department, so I took a look at it and got hooked... I suppose worse addictions could be had. Note: to anyone who has Facebook there is a group known as "I check EMTBravo once a day" Found that kind of fitting...

Cape as I am originally from Cape Cod, MA

Jake is the New England term for a firefighter

72 is my birth year

Jake is the New England term for a firefighter

That is cool, I never heard of that.

Joe Brefere Jr.

12/02/1984

ALS= Advanced Life support, being I'm a Paramedic

Firefighter= well duh if I have to explain that one.

I've had this name well before the emtbravo days where medicFF FFParamedic were basically all taken and somehow I came up with it. Don't even remember when or how I came to that one. Funny though that I've had people think my name is Al or that its my intials.

im with the Elmsford Fire Dept. (efd) which is in New York(ny), nd i joined in 2003. thus efdny2003

Another good question ,,,, How did you first hear about the site , ie. link, or word of mouth after a working fire or incident ?

biggrin.gif

Heard about EMTBravo New England through firenews.org, found emtbravowest by lafirephotos.com and found here by Seth posting a link on emtbravonewengland.com to emtbravo.com which led me here.

became a new england member in November '06, west member in december '06 and here in January of '07

Mike

I had seen the pics over at EMTBravo.com a few times, but never checked out the forums. It wasn't until I was talking with Jason762 at work that he showed me the forums. I lurked around a bit and decided to join. Since then I have discovered other people I work with and other members of my FD who are members here, some of them even post occasionally.

My mom gave it to me when I was born.

Sounds like it must have been a rough childhood.

It's a combination of where I work and my employee number (SouthWest Emergency Medical Communications Center 70, a.ka. SW-CMED).

There is only one true C-MED In CT! NEW HAVEN BABY!!!! LOL

Edited by IzzyEng4

Lot's of creativity went into my name.

My job, and my employee number.

Public Safety Dispatcher 8109 blink.gif

I had seen the pics over at EMTBravo.com a few times, but never checked out the forums. It wasn't until I was talking with Jason762 at work that he showed me the forums. I lurked around a bit and decided to join. Since then I have discovered other people I work with and other members of my FD who are members here, some of them even post occasionally.

I figured you'd have picked BFD414, or maybe 411 some day?

Ex Deputy Chief first shield # 203

dept. i am with, rank at time of starting membership and radio id number

i had a 1993 chevrolet camaro z28 in high school and my friends called it "the skunk," and z28skunk was born

Mine is my Dispatcher Number - 415 and the county i work in PC - Putnam County, NY

Edited by PC415

Skubasam is the name of scubasteve's dad from the movie Big Daddy starring Adam Sandler. I use that handle for e-mail and user id's etc. Just liked it I guess. Came to know about this site from Seth himself. He used to work as a dispatcher with me in addition to his duties as a medic with WEMS.

lhfd (Long Hill Fire Department), volly (volunteer). lhfdvolly

I get my name from my Hubby, since I'm oringnally from Michigan and moved to NY about 15 years ago, it was a culture shock,I liked country Music, and it wasn't very well known here, so he made it up for me, It still fits.

I learned about this site thru him thanks GrumpyFF