Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trollman200

FDNY Exam Protesters?

7 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me why the civil rights leaders are protesting the last exam? I heard on the news some guy complaining about how just because someone gets an 80 on the test doesn't mean that they're going to be any less of a firefighter, YES, IT DOES. I know I wouldn't wanna be in a building with someone who answered those questions about the threads on a coupling wrong lol. My personal opinion is that anyone who studies hard for the test and prepares for the physical is being given just as equal of a chance as the the next guy.

IF I MAY SUGGEST TO THOSE WITH INTEREST IN THE LAST FDNY TEST TO PICK UP A COPY OF THE CIVIL SERVICE NEWSPAPER "THE CHIEF" ON MANY LOCAL NEW STANDS. THEY HAVE BEEN HAVING LARGE, HOPEFULLY ACCURATE ARTICLES REGARDING THE TEST, THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE,THE VULCANS AND THE OBVIOUSLY ANNOYED FDNY BRASS AND NYC BIGWIGS YOU PUT A LOT OF TIME,MONEY AND EFFORT IN THE RECRUITMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF THIS TEST.

I BELIEVE THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT IS BASING THEIR JUDGMENT ON THE BREAKDOWN NUMBERS OF THE LAST TWO EXAMS YEARS AGO.

THE BREAKDOWN OF THIS EXAM IS THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF MINORITIES EVER,SO PERHAPS THE RESISTANCE WILL SOFTEN.

SO STAY TUNED, AS STRANGE BEDFELLOWS ARE ALREADY DEVELOPING

Hey guys, if you have no luck in getting on FDNY, I hear MVPD is now looking to increase their manpower by 50! The best thing about it is also, after finishing a couple of years and putting up with the B/S, you'll be able to transfer out like most of the new recruits! rolleyes.gif

Hey guys, if you have no luck in getting on FDNY, I hear MVPD is now looking to increase their manpower by 50! The best thing about it is also, after finishing a couple of years and putting up with the B/S, you'll be able to transfer out like most of the new recruits! rolleyes.gif

50? thats great if true,in what capacity are they thinking,adding to existing rigs or are there new companys in the works? hope its true the MV boys work their a** off and could use the help.

so does anyone actually have a response to what i was asking? lol

50? thats great if true,in what capacity are they thinking,adding to existing rigs or are there new companys in the works? hope its true the MV boys work their a** off and could use the help.

PD not FD... and wow does that city need more cops. Hats of to MVPD for the outstanding job they do with such limited resources!

so does anyone actually have a response to what i was asking? lol

no...protests over the last test and the current action by the DOJ are not related. The DOJ is considering a lawsuit due to previous hiring practices, the current protests are grassroots regarding the questions and grading of that test...there are threads ad nauseum on this forum about it