Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Unique NYC Sanitation Vehicles

5 posts in this topic

I was browsing around my digital photo warehouse today, and found these two photos of NYC Sanitation vehicles. They are quite unique to me, I'm not sure what they do. Anyone know for sure?

Maybe a litter control vehicle, hence the cab?

http://x635photos.com/displayimage.php?pos=-910

Some sort of water truck, to keep sand down on dirt roads? And is that cab a CCC?

http://x635photos.com/displayimage.php?pos=-911

These were taken in Far Rockaway last fall. They were begining a major project to build a Sanitation Depot, Salt Storage, Fleet Maintanence shop, and offices for Sanitation District 14. It was right next to a landfill.

The second truck is a CCC. Judging by the body, the truck should be a street flusher, basically a large power washer on wheels for the roadway.

[attachmentid=2731]

post-2584-1179097711.jpg

It is a street flusher. You see them alot after parades and the like. I've seen them on the West Side parked along one of the garages on 12 Ave with the blade on.

And the other one could very well be a litter control vehicle. The lettering on the side says "Q.S.L.C." which could stand for Queens South Litter Control.

They have such a great fleet.

Edited by 23piraf

The truck that says QSLC stands for Queens South Lot Cleaning Unit. Each Boro has a Lot Cleaning Unit that clears out all dirty lots and then usually bills the owner. The tanker is a flusher truck asigned to Queens District 14.

some intresting photos of nyc sanitation trucks