Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Tarrytown New Route 119 Station?

25 posts in this topic

Is the new construction in the parking lot of the Medical Office Building opposite I-87 NB Exit 9 the new Tarrytown Route 119 firehouse?

It looks like it's going to be a single bay firehouse. If it is, then the awarding of bids and construction certainly proceeded quickly. And what is going to be house there?

Washington Engine new quarters, Tower Ladder 78.

Reportedly, the firehouse will be completed sometime later this year. somewhere around the fall or winter. The new quarters of E-77 is being built down the road on Meadow St. Both seem to be progressing nicely.

first of all x635 if you were that close and saw the station being built and didn't call me shame on you!!! I am only around the corner.

yes that building is going to house ladder/Eng 78 big blue!! i do have to say in my own opinion mistakes were made by the village of Tarrytown but---so be it- we live with what we have.

best of luck to 78 and I hope they have a long happy life in the new building. and to 77 also in their new building.

Photos by TR54

Future Tarrytown Quarters of TL78.

Area of 155 White Plains Road.

post-23-1185145704.jpg

post-23-1185145751.jpg

Photos TR54 for EMTBravo

Progress Tarrytown Firehouse photos today

post-23-1185145922.jpg

post-23-1185146030.jpg

Not Sure of status of Pennybridge Firehouse,, best of Luck to Tarrytown FD members

Did they start construction on the other station?

gotta be better than a Double-Wide and a Butler Building.......long time coming and well deserved........finally getting getting back up there

Looks like they're coming close to moving in!

post-11-1201801403.jpg

again you were right arond the cornor from me i would have brought you lunch.the station might be ready sometime in april

X635 any pics of the other station being built? Was'nt there a second company getting a new house down the road? Are they still building the second station?

Edited by Ladder47

again you were right arond the cornor from me i would have brought you lunch.the station might be ready sometime in april

I actually took that photo a couple of weeks ago, on the way home from somewhere. I'm definetly taking you up on lunch, as soon as my stomach decides to invest in a meal instead of rejecting it, so to speak.

X635 any pics of the other station being built? Was'nt there a second company getting a new house down the road? Are they still building the second station?

If someone can confirm that a second station is being built, and where, I'll go over tommorow morning to shoot provided the weather is good and post here.

It's right around the corner off of Rt. 119. Corner of Sheldon Avenue and East Meadow St.(which is off of Rt. 119). E77's new House.

It's right around the corner off of Rt. 119. Corner of Sheldon Avenue and East Meadow St.(which is off of Rt. 119). E77's new House.

so no more trailer trash? as they call themselves now

Both stations are nearing completaion and should be ready in a matter of weeks. Still not sure if i like the idea of two but so be it . Hope both companies enjoy their new stations. looking foward to the formal showing.

Both stations are nearing completaion and should be ready in a matter of weeks. Still not sure if i like the idea of two but so be it . Hope both companies enjoy their new stations. looking foward to the formal showing.

Why two stations? Wouldn't it be more effective to have the engine and truck in one house? Just asking.

why is TL78 called engine co 78?

Tower Ladder 78 is our truck. Our company is Washington Engine Co. 2. When we switched from an engine (Engine 78) to a ladder (Tower Ladder 78) we did not change our charter to reflect this.

"Why two stations? Wouldn't it be more effective to have the engine and truck in one house? Just asking."

Originally there were plans that were near being finalized for a two company house, but the politicians decided that two separate houses were a more beneficial solution.

Originally there were plans that were near being finalized for a two company house, but the politicians decided that two separate houses were a more beneficial solution.

Damn politicians. They tend to screw things about !! LOL

Photos by TR54

Future Tarrytown Quarters of TL78.

Area of 155 White Plains Road.

A sensibly sized firehouse? What will they think of next? On Long Island that wouldn't even be big enough for the KITCHEN! :P

A sensibly sized firehouse? What will they think of next? On Long Island that wouldn't even be big enough for the KITCHEN! :P

Not everywhere on LI.

Damn politicians. They tend to screw things about !! LOL

Lousy Politicians..... And their money...

-Joe DA BUFF

I think the Village of Mamaroneck took a more intelligent approach. Building one new large station to house an engine and a truck co. that were located in separate houses in the same neighborhood. Gotta be more cost effective and more practical. I'm surprised that Tarrytown isn't at least building them as 2 bay stations. After all, there's a reasonable possibility that in the next 40 years, they might want to house a second unit in one or both of those stations. One large station with 3 bays might have been the most practical way to go. :)

The original plan was for a 2 bay house to house TL78 and E77. Village politicians decided against the idea. A two bay house would still be awesome for us. As of right now, we have a utility truck which sits outside 24/7 by the quarters of Engine 80. We also have a deputy chief's car which which sits outside the Quarters of Engine 80 as well. Hopefully we will be able to move into the new firehouse very soon.