Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Katonah FD Quint?

6 posts in this topic

I'd heard a rumor that Katonah FD was ordering a Seagrave 75' Meanstick or a similar Pierce soon or it's already been ordered. It would be a smart idea to have a smaller RM aerial for that jurisdiction to complement TL-57 and the northeast portion of this county. A Meanstick type aerial could fit into tighter streets and driveways, and also provide increased protection for Katonah's downtown and other large properties.

Anyone can confirm this or provide more details, would be greatly appreciated.

I do not know of Katonah, but Somers will be going out to bid for 75 foot quint within the next couple of months.

If your department can agree on rear-mount vs. mid-mount, a quint is a great way to go.

Ahh... Starting to like what I'm hearing... FD's that are equiping for their needs and not their wants.

A 75ft Quint would be a great choice for Katonah as I had thought the same for Hawthorne.

NOW if we can see a true example of proper sharing of resources.... Bedford Hills should add Katonah's soon-to-be Quint to all "residential" confirmed structure fires just as TL-57 has been on the auto to Katonah in the past.

Let BHFD rely on the Quint for residentals and let Katonah rely on the Tower for commercials.

Katonah is in the process of looking at differnt quints. we have seen the Smeal and will be looking at the ALF and Seagrave. we hope to be ready to order by Jan or Dec. Delivery in late '08 we are planinig on running it out 1st due. ( still in discussion) we belive ,as stated , it is what we need.

Ah, that explains Westchester DES website that has Ladder 39 reserved for KAtonah. That truck willl see lots of use around the area.

Thanks for the information! Both Somers and Katonah's apparatus will definetly be an asset to the northeastern part of Westchester County.

However, since Seagrave doesn't make a Lo-Pro anymore, I'm hearing that Katonah FD may have to add on a bay. Which is a smart idea....allows you to design the truck around the department's needs, not the firehouses space requirments.