Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

"The Academy" New Law Enforcement Reality Show

13 posts in this topic

"The Academy" is airing on MyNetwork TV this fall. (NY Metro Area My 9 Channel 9)

"A docu-reality style look at the L.A. county Sheriff's department academy as the recruits go through a grueling 18-week training program."

Just saw the trailer on TV, looks like a cool show.

Seth,

I don't know if it's the same show, but something like this was on FoxReality recently. It was out of the LACo Sheriff's Academy. Great show. We all watched it here in dispatch.

I believe the pilot aired on Fox Reality and MyNetwork (Fox Owned) in May. I guess feedback was good, and LACo Sheriffs higher-ups liked it, so I guess their spinnning it into a series.

Also starting next month on MyNetwork, (CH. 9), "Jail", from the guys that made COPS...Looks like another good one.

Heads up, "The Academy" premieres tonight at 8PM on Channel 9 (NY Metro Area).

The Academy

Black Monday

60 mins.

Day 1 (“Black Monday”) of the L.A. Sheriff's Department 18-week recruit-training regimen is when “hell breaks loose,” says training officer Dwight Miley---as a recruit seen drifting off in class discovers. Later, recruits must do push-ups in business suits and recite the department's core values from memory, and a flustered recruit breaks down. Bad move. “There is no crying in this job,” barks Sgt. Mark Wilkins, the training director.

Thanks for the heads up Seth.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the "Jail" show which has back to back 30 minute airings following "The Academy."

Great show! Looking foward to seeing how the season, and this class, plays out.

To anyone who went through the Westchester Police academy, is it anything like LA Countys???

To anyone who went through the Westchester Police academy, is it anything like LA Countys???

Seth, the same yelling by the instructors especially when you screw up. However, no BUSINESS SUITS REQUIRED :lol:

Great write up in yesterday's NY Times Leisure section about the producer of "Cops" and can you believe it's on 20 years ??????

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

Not even close! Westchester is way more laxed in a sense, still some para military discipline but not close to the "Academy". As with anything, some people's feelings get hurt when they get "yelled at" so maybe thats a reason they water it down. I know NYSP Academy calmed down compared to years ago (10+) due to people whining amd a new thought on training people. I love how the "Academy" weeds em out, a lot better there then when they freeze up on a call or start to cry on a call because someone is "yelling at them"

Westchesters Academy is a joke compared to what I saw on this show. I haven't been through the Academy in some time. I hear they are trying to be more serious about the training and PT. I have to say this that the PT EXAM for LACSD is ALOT EASIER THAN WESTCHESTERS. Numbers wise I mean.

I knew there was a job somewhere that ran an academy the way I'd like to.

Very professional crew that knows their job well and you can see the prior military in a couple of them and I'm willing to bet they cross trained in the Marine Corps Drill Instructor school or Army Drill Sergeant Academy.

Another episode airs tonight on NY Channel 9.