Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

Mount Vernon Civil Service

46 posts in this topic

As i march through this unfortunate sutuation within the FDMV I have been educated on many topics. One topic that I must pass on to you all is the recent audit that has been completed by the New york State civil service commission. Although I have not been given the information I now feel that when the audit is complete some questions will be hanging over the heads of many supervisors within the mount vernon city hall. I won't even touch base on the Fire Dept that i am sure will be mentioned because of certain people leading the charge to change the rules on a daily basis without permission from ny state and from straying from rules put in place back in 1980 with a decree that has been in place for 27 years. It almost appears that this city is exempt from any New York State rules. How ironic that this will be hitting the press soon to show how corrupt things have been. Sit back and watch the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FDMV hiring 5 for the fall academy, many times in the past they made promotions at this time also. Still 2 vacants spots!!! Wonder whats going on this this time? whats your thoughts------>>>>>>> Another note- yesterday while at work the new president of the VULCANS assured me that what happened to my promotion on July 6 was not personally directed towards me. I am so relieved that I now know that the Vulcan society of Westchester had no intentions to destroy my future in the Mount Vernon fire Department and THAT IT JUST HAPPENED TO TURN OUT THAT WAY. Ed,I give you alot of credit for confronting me with this information. Now I can sleep better knowing that the Vulcans had nothing better to do that day and that it was not a personal attack on me. I can certainly sleep better now. FF J Carroll FDMV

Edited by hudson144

hey hudson, its never a personal attack on one individual, you know that (sarcasm)! its an attack on everyone who isnt a Vulcan!!!!

the VULCANS will forever be a joke on society, and i dont know who's more pitiful...them? or the ppl who buy into their garbage?

its amazing...every single time you even hear or read the word, "VULCAN" (other than in Star Trek), you always know its bad news. isnt that saying something about them???

i'll be surprised when i actually read somewhere that they contributed to society whether it be charity or volunteer work....but they are too busy destroying lifes and futures of many hopefuls.

keep the faith to all those who know the deal...things will turn around, i hope

Good thing the past president retired...cause he was getting a dead line when he called his job! Too bad I didn't get to provide it before he left!

BTW, why is it the "Vulcan" Society? And is that not a derogatory term?

FDMV has to respond to the EEOC as of this wednesday 26 sept 07. The complaint was filed back in july and the investigator states the the fire commissioner "has to" reply! we will see what happens??? As we all know alot is going on in mount vernon politics, it should be an interesting few months ahead. sit back and enjoy the SHOW!

FDMV has to respond to the EEOC as of this wednesday 26 sept 07. The complaint was filed back in july and the investigator states the the fire commissioner "has to" reply! we will see what happens??? As we all know alot is going on in mount vernon politics, it should be an interesting few months ahead. sit back and enjoy the SHOW!

JC, are you aware of the Buffalo court rulings? Sounds similar to your situation.

"EO" from Mohegan

Yes grumpy I am aware of the Buffalo situation in fact i met with Mr Andrew Fleming in syracuse yesterday and I have retained him as my attorney!!!!! Mr Fleming is the lawyer who represented the "BUFFALO 13" !

Yes grumpy I am aware of the Buffalo situation in fact i met with Mr Andrew Fleming in syracuse yesterday and I have retained him as my attorney!!!!! Mr Fleming is the lawyer who represented the "BUFFALO 13" !

Very good JC. Best of luck.

As you can tell by my # of posts, I normally stay out emtbravo stuff. Having met JC about a year and 1/2 ago, and knowing his incredible reputation in the fire service, I believe a great injustice has been committed in MV. I hope and pray for a quick and satisfactory resolve for you. Hopefully to include LT. bars.

-MPB

Greenville FD #67

Just a thought (and not a dig), in a society that one would hope is racially equal, how is it that an organization such as the Vulcan Society is not considered racially prejudice?

1 Brotherhood????????

As of today the Mount Vernon FD has not met the Sept 26 deadline to answer the charges filed against them to the EEOC,Also the mount Vernon Fire Chief has been advised today that a lawyer has been hired to represent me against the city of Mt Vernon / Mt Vernon FD . Attorney Andrew Fleming recently won a landmark case in Buffalo NY where 13 firefighters were denied their promotions because the Fire Chief and mayor allowed the civil service lists to expire when there was vacant positions available. I just want to pass on that I appreciate the support that I have been getting in this situation, jjc

Having met JC about a year and 1/2 ago, and knowing his incredible reputation in the fire service, I believe a great injustice has been committed in MV

JC makes a GREAT Chili n' Cheese Dog too! lol

One week later and still no reply to the EEOC from FDMV???

Hudson, you should start your own group to look out for the best interests of the white firefighters........oh, wait, you can't do that because that would make you racist (dripping with sarcasm).

LT Jay- very good point however we are a step ahead of you. A chapter of an organization is in the process of being started right here in Westchester County. The organization CAFFA (CONCERNED AMERICAN FIREFIGHTERS ASSOCIATION) was started by Chicago firefighters a few years ago. The organization stands for "EQUAL" hiring and promotions across the board! They have a voice in what goes on within the Chicago Fire Dept. The president of the Chicago CAFFA states that it has made a difference and CAFFA represents ALL! If you are #1 on a list you are # 1 no matter what ethnic background you come from. No skipping to get to the other guy that is #4 etc. In Philadelphia Fire dept. the CAFFA charter has put their mess in order also. The President states " we have members of CAFFA that come from all ethnic backgrounds and we believe in doing the right thing for all! These chapters are popping up throughout the nation because of many discrepencies throughout both the fire/police services. The Westchester CAFFA will also be open to all! WWW.CFDCAFFA.COM go to the site and see what its all about. Hudson.

Well let me throw my 2 cents in:

I've been very quiet on this subject for a number of reasons,

Its always been , for god knows how long that one uses what ever juice he has when one gets close to promotion.

Some how somebody always is skipped, thats a fact.

Today its seems that ALL have forgotten that what is at stake here is this one person being resposible for any number of firefighters and thier orders impacting those firefighters.

I dont care if a black or white Lt. or any color you choose is my boss. All that matters is this person can be trusted to protect us when where working, and make common sense decissions that can a have serious

impact on if I get home that day. Jody has devoted a good part of his life to this job just like most of us and deserves a chance and he earned that chance by taking a test and scoring better then others. Does that make him the best pick?? Here's where real leadership comes in:

Jody went by all the rules to put him self in a posiotion to be picked for promotion: but now we come to the part of the process that no one has full control on, If our department leaders go by a persons track record, his ability to lead and be trusted to perform his job to department standards then JODY was right for the job. Instead our leadrship put outside political influence first and not was right for the job.

This pattern is exactly what one day is going to get a bunch of us killed. Our morale is no doubt at a ALL time low and True leadership is hard to find where I work.

My question is this ?? Who is going resolve this problem and how do we find a middle ground that All can agree on.

Jody was told that this isnt personell, If this is bussiness then were headed for chapter 11, becasue NO bussiness thats successful puts incomptence in leadership.

I support JC not because he's white, because there's no doubt in my mind he can have a positive impact on what I consider to be one of the hardest working ranks in our job.

Ive learned more form Lt.s then any other position on this job, there the ones that have to put up with all my petty crying and get hammered from above becasue of it. I dont want a SYMBOL I want real leadership.

Jim Loftus

Ladder 2

thanks jimmy for the support, many others are behind me on this issue also, yes black and white! its very unfortunate that at this point in my career i have to hire a lawyer to fight for something that many before me had to fight for. This time it will be fought in court! I have stated recently that i feel bad for the guys on the new list. the sickness of knowing that because you have scored well on the test doesn't mean poop! As i have mentioned before this has been an issue that has repeated itself over and over. For those of you that don't know and are lucky enough to work in a dept that goes down the list when promotions are to take place the stress level that builds on you is sickening! Lets not forget a well respected captain from FDMV who indirectly died from this BS! A massive heart attack in his late fortys. well,thats my age now and believe me its not going to get the best of me! I had my 3 months of no sleep, thinking about it for 24/7, the monetary loss, loss of weight (didn't apply to me) etc. Another guy from the previous list passed away in his fortys also most likely because of stress! I will not mention names here because i respect the privacy of all involved but some members sat on the list for over a year being #1 before a word was mentioned for promotions! As i have done my homework on this topic i know that out of the 4 major citys in westchester co. mount vernon is the only dept that does not fill the vacant position asap. when i say asap that is when the spot opens up when someone retires. One of the best feelings I had recently was going back to work after being off all summer. Getting back into a routine of working on the job! One of the most satisfying moments i had recently is handing the Chief of the Mt vernon fire department the business card of my lawyer who will be in town sometime in the near future to take depositions from the Mayor on down through the ranks of the other members involved with this fiasco. Don't ever believe that you can't "FIGHT CITY HALL" because the fight is just starting!!! Be safe JJC

Edited by hudson144

Happy to hear things are moving forward a lot of people are watching this and you have tons of support. It's a shame the race issue has to be brought into this- in my opinion the Fire Service is so not about color- you go to work every day to help people- color doesn't ever matter when the alarm goes off, it shouldn't ever matter before it goes off. This political crap has to stop. I've admired and respected you as a firefighter for a very long time and am 100% behind you.

ps,

I think you're the only one on your block who doesn't have FIOS yet! ;)

(maybe we can wire up the wagon?)

BREAKING NEWs; members of the Philadelphia FD have filed a lawsuit against the FD. I do not have all of the particulars at this point but the suit was filed this past week and should be in the press any day now. They have been in a battle also there against the FD. This is wide spread both in the FD/PD throughout the nation and is finally turning around for most involved. Something about the promotional process.

Blazing_Battles.htm

Amazingly this morning as I drove past city hall there was a white flag hanging from the roof and alot of people dressed in suits entering the building. One guy even had a hat on that had 3 letters visible" FBI". Around the same time there appeared to be a dip in power throughout the city. Rumors have it that it was from all the shredders operating throughout the city. Ironically 4 con ed crews were in front of fire headquarters on lincoln ave all morning working on wires there,maybe there is a surge of some kind. Does anyone know what the hell is going on?

Will the raid on city hall by the FBI have any impact on the promotions.As if it was't bad enough before, now the Feds are in city hall. Hang tough hudson144 it's got to get better

The FBI's like the IRS. Once you got them, you can't get rid of them.

Happy Ending? Looks like its just starting!!! lol

How many more subpoenas is it going to take before Ernie throws in the towel???

3 WEEKS--- NO REPLY TO THE EEOC!!!!

from the EEOC investigator-mount vernon will be using a law firm out of long island who need to reply by oct 30 to the complaint filed because of the letter that the Vulcans submitted halting the promotions. I guess the 3 month investigation from the mount vernon law dept into the letter must have some merit if it took 3 months?