Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ckroll

please don't read this post

12 posts in this topic

This network has personality, and as part of the collective we are all responsible for it. On good days we can be very good and on bad days we are cranky and childish. I come here for the good things, but then something mean and ugly happens and just like the newspaper, I end up reading it, salacious details, and reports of bad behavior.... then I go back later to watch the fight, maybe post some righteous indignation, hope someone else will get mad and pull the plug on it.

Well, we can do it ourselves. Bad behavior looks for an audience. When we go there and reply we not only diminish ourselves in responding, we give life to the beast. There is a philosophical practice known as 'closing the Dharma doors' which refers to being mindful of what we let into our thoughts. We think the hatred and mean spirited discourse doesn't affect us, but directly or indirectly it does....

but only if you read it. If we want control of the the site, go to the good stuff and let the snivelling tripe just sit there. It doesn't need to be killed off, it can be left to expire, lonely, unread and undignified by comment. In this way we can protect the freedom to speak, and our freedom not to listen.

I think this is a great site and a good forum. We should all support it by posting well and walking away from the trash. In this case, yes ignorance is bliss.

This network has personality, and as part of the collective we are all responsible for it. On good days we can be very good and on bad days we are cranky and childish. I come here for the good things, but then something mean and ugly happens and just like the newspaper, I end up reading it, salacious details, and reports of bad behavior.... then I go back later to watch the fight, maybe post some righteous indignation, hope someone else will get mad and pull the plug on it.

Well, we can do it ourselves. Bad behavior looks for an audience. When we go there and reply we not only diminish ourselves in responding, we give life to the beast. There is a philosophical practice known as 'closing the Dharma doors' which refers to being mindful of what we let into our thoughts. We think the hatred and mean spirited discourse doesn't affect us, but directly or indirectly it does....

but only if you read it. If we want control of the the site, go to the good stuff and let the snivelling tripe just sit there. It doesn't need to be killed off, it can be left to expire, lonely, unread and undignified by comment. In this way we can protect the freedom to speak, and our freedom not to listen.

I think this is a great site and a good forum. We should all support it by posting well and walking away from the trash. In this case, yes ignorance is bliss.

Well Put!!!!!!

Excellent Post, ckroll!!!!!!

I agree. A well written post that conveys his point well. Way to go ckroll.

What a wonderful way of putting things in perspective. What a wonderful outlook! A pleasure reading this ;)

:rolleyes: GREAT POST THANK YOU ckroll

ckroll, you're a posting genius!!!

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

CKroll, That has to be one of the BEST posts I have read on this site. Puts things right in perspective...

Great Job!!!

Edited by LCFD968

CKroll, EMTBravo's retained Psychologist...LOL Great post!

listen if the posts continue like this I'm goin back to school just to keep up....sds like college stuff man I'm only a FF/EMT help a brother out and slow it down a bit :P;):rolleyes: LOL

listen if the posts continue like this I'm goin back to school just to keep up....sds like college stuff man I'm only a FF/EMT help a brother out and slow it down a bit :P;):rolleyes: LOL

I agree!!! My head still hurts!!

But seriously, after pondering through a dictionary for 3/4 of an hour and feeling quite perplexed at some of the terminology used....I couldnt agree with you more ckroll!!! I sincerely look forward to reading more from you and learning a lot. Very professionally put and a pleasure to read!

I respect the bejeesus out of you.

Moose

Great post ckroll. I hope it helps to make this a calmer forum!

great post also very well put.as the slogan goes,"change starts here" ive goten some useful information off emtbravo

Edited by pentax02839