Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paratrooper75

FDNY FF test results

29 posts in this topic

Just got my results in the mail. It was the same thing we got a while ago but this time it had the answers and the score. I got a 99.36 I think with a list number in the 1400's.

Did you have any extra credit added on to get that score?

93 with a list number in the 9000's. I didn't do as good as I hoped to.

Edited by JM15

yeah im in the 8600's, too bad I dont have a parent in the fdny, that legacy credit would have ensured me a job.

Around 11,800, scored a 91 on the test. Not bad for my first civil service test I suppose.

Guys don't forget, these scores are without the physical. Old info like anything lower than 6,000 doesn't apply anymore. I personally believe the CPAT is not nearly as rigorous as our old test, but maybe someone from Ct or some dept that's been using the CPAT can give you guys an idea as to what the failure rate is.

Did you have any extra credit added on to get that score?

Yea, I had 5 veteran points. It helped a lot.

Guys don't forget, these scores are without the physical. Old info like anything lower than 6,000 doesn't apply anymore. I personally believe the CPAT is not nearly as rigorous as our old test, but maybe someone from Ct or some dept that's been using the CPAT can give you guys an idea as to what the failure rate is.

But the CPAT portion is going to be Pass/Fail, is it not? So that can't really help your score.

The CPAT is tough make no mistake about it. The better shape your in the better. The hardest part is the very 1st event the stair climb with the weight belt AND the added weight that they remove at the end of the stair climb (25lbs). You need to have good cardiovascular skills...lots of running, sprints and calf training. The rest of the events are easy...But when you get off that stair climber and they take off the added weight's (25 lbs) you are allowed to run ONLY to the 2nd event..Each event is travelled by a brisk walk NO RUNNING trust me your legs are like rubber. Most guy's fail because of the stairclimb remember you can't hold onto the railing it's there only for the event you loose your balance and your only allowed to touch it ONCE not Grab it ...only touch the railing for balance. So lace up the sneakers lay off the sweet's and go buy yourself a weight vest 140.00 bucks at most sporting good store's. And please when they tell you no shorts they mean no shorts you will be sent home without taking the CPAT.

Good luck

recently attending the training for the CPAT I'm glad that I am on the job for 20 yrs. The instructor from LA county really stressed the importance of being in shape and ready for the CPAT. He did mention that like previously mentioned alot of candidates don't make it past the first station. If you are going to take it work hard and get into shape, take the practice CPAT to see how you make out. If you can't complete a task its a failure. Good luck & GO FOR IT! By the way, as I am typing this the yodels and milk are great!

Edited by hudson144

yeah im in the 8600's, too bad I dont have a parent in the fdny, that legacy credit would have ensured me a job.

That does not get you legacy credit. Only a LODD does i believe

your right danb, I wasnt sure on that, thanks for correcting my ill assumption.

Does anyone know how deep into the last list for candidates?

The CPAT is hard, but once you get into the academy the hardest thing you will do is FST. It makes the CPAT look like a piece of cake.

If you can not pass the cpat you really should go get an office job. The cpat is the most unrealistic simulation of firefighting in the City of New York. When you have certain people who can not pass it to save their lives going to Utica to take it cause the floor where its held is easier to drag a dummy across you have serious problems with an exam that is supposed to be a an indicator of your ability to do a job. The old physical was easy, this one is even easier!

But the CPAT portion is going to be Pass/Fail, is it not? So that can't really help your score.

Its not going to do anything to your score slick, but if as GFD says and 30% fail then a placement of 9,000 is as good as 6,000 or 3,000 equals 2,000.

Does anyone know where I can find a good description of the CPAT? I can't seem to find anything that descriptive online.

Does anyone know where I can find a good description of the CPAT? I can't seem to find anything that descriptive online.

Ask and Ye shall get it from the intarwebs

Video

http://www.westchestergov.com/hr/CPATRecruitOrientation.wmv

PDF guide

http://www.westchestergov.com/hr/adobe/Fir...terDocument.pdf

Page found on

http://www.westchestergov.com/hr/firefighter2007.htm

Edited by Devil Dog

CPAT is alot Easier than our old agility exam. I think The Person before was refering to that, and not the fact tha CPAT is easy. Also Legacy Credit is for those who died in the line of duty. You dont just get credit for having a family memeber in the FDNY. Don't Worry about your scores the test is still being held up by the courts

CPAT is alot Easier than our old agility exam. I think The Person before was refering to that, and not the fact tha CPAT is easy. Also Legacy Credit is for those who died in the line of duty. You dont just get credit for having a family memeber in the FDNY. Don't Worry about your scores the test is still being held up by the courts

From what I have heard, again only word of mouth, is that this test is not in the courts, that the 99 and 02 tests were the ones being challenged by the DOJ. Can anyone comment on that?

Why would DOJ complain about this test? 38% of people who passed were minorities and/or women. The city spent 3.2 million dollars (though some would argue the intelligence of such a decision) to get minority applicants. DOJ is arguing for something that is already done.

Though I can't say I agree with FDNY's tactics that I heard about. Waiving the application fee for some minorities? Providing free transportation for minorities to take the test? Why do the minorities get special treatment? I'm not 100% sure that these rumors are true, but if they are, that's quite unfair.

Edited by SageVigiles

From what I have heard, again only word of mouth, is that this test is not in the courts, that the 99 and 02 tests were the ones being challenged by the DOJ. Can anyone comment on that?

The 99 List is completly finshed. I was hired off of that list back in 2003. and they are up to 4800+ on the 2002 list.

this list is not in the courts, but never throw out any ideas considering how the DOJ works. 38% passed, but I think they are going to really be looking at who actually gets in!

The CPAT will not adjust anyone's scores, but count on it throwing alot of ppl off the list. I personally know a couple of ppl who I go to college with (we have our own CPAT course set up), who have been training for MONTHS and still cant drag the dummy...no kidding. like alot of ppl are saying, the list numbers on this list arent what they use to be in the past...there are alot of factors that will still be playing in on this whole thing. dont get super discouraged just yet, its still early.

worst case scenario, next test is only about 3 years away!

this list is not in the courts, but never throw out any ideas considering how the DOJ works. 38% passed, but I think they are going to really be looking at who actually gets in!

The CPAT will not adjust anyone's scores, but count on it throwing alot of ppl off the list. I personally know a couple of ppl who I go to college with (we have our own CPAT course set up), who have been training for MONTHS and still cant drag the dummy...no kidding. I've taken the CPAT before, and its really not that hard, but dont be underestimate it. even guys who are in shape will feel the burn by the third event. like alot of ppl are saying, the list numbers on this list arent what they use to be in the past...there are alot of factors that will still be playing in on this whole thing. dont get super discouraged just yet, its still early.

worst case scenario, next test is only about 3 years away!

Seriously, why are you having so much trouble with the dummy drag. Took the test a few years ago in Stamford and I can't think for the life of me why that would hold you up.

Several groups of people who took the test have been trying to get the list thrown out, but they haven't had any success. As of right now this list is going through without further delays. The '99 and '02 tests are not being held up or having their validity challenged. The city is being investigated over the possibility of being sued for using discriminatory hiring practices. This type of suit would normally bring about a fine and changes in hiring practices.

So does anyone know about how long after the results from the written test are released that we will get to take the physical? How long has it taken after past tests?