Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rapidfireservices

The best Christmas decoration and lighting locations in Westchester

12 posts in this topic

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah to all.

Now that Christmas week is upon us and your kids are bugging you for things to do, why not throw them into the mini-van along with your visitors from out of town and tour those brilliantly decorated homes and such.

If you know where some are located, please post them on this topic. ( no specific addresses please, just give the nearest cross street).

Drive carefully!

KE

You beat me to it, I was going to post this question. I went out tonight with the family and was dissapointed in the show of decorations in the Briarcliff/Ossining area. Crummy weather but still! Look forward to seeing some local places posted on here!

There used to be a neighborhood in White Plains off of Mamaroneck Ave. Almost every house on the street would do a great lights display. However, I haven't been over there in a few years and don't know if they still do it, I'm sure someone else will know.

Edited by ryefd192

ok, while i don't know of many in westchester, the absolute must see is on pelham parkway in the bronx! "The Christmas House". i make it a point to go see it every single year

There used to be a neighborhood in White Plains off of Mamaroneck Ave. Almost every house on the street would do a great lights display. However, I haven't been over there in a few years and don't know if they still do it, I'm sure someone else will know.

That would be Briga Lane. Iwent tonight, very disappointed, only 2 houses on the block, and one around the corner lit up. The rest of the houses have nothing.

There is a house off of Aqueduct Road in Continental Village that is great, they have a setup where you dial your car radio to a certain station and the lights move in sequence with the music that is on the radio, really cool, we have gone to see it this year and the owners have added more lights than last year, we spoke to them as well, and they plan to add more every year.

Just off Westbrook Drive in Cortlandt (Fawn Lane I believe) used to have a good number of houses (two in particular) that would put up a ton of Christmas decorations. The two mentioned houses used to seem to be in a competition to see who could put up more lights. I'm guessing one of the houses changed ownership or something because one year I drove by in anticipation and one wasn't even done up.

One of the BEST neighborhoods I've EVER seen is over in New Jersey in the Franklin Lakes area. I forget the exact address but there are usually police running traffic control becuse so many cars go through there. For some reason we call it "Elvis' House".

Just off Westbrook Drive in Cortlandt (Fawn Lane I believe) used to have a good number of houses (two in particular) that would put up a ton of Christmas decorations. The two mentioned houses used to seem to be in a competition to see who could put up more lights. I'm guessing one of the houses changed ownership or something because one year I drove by in anticipation and one wasn't even done up.

One of the BEST neighborhoods I've EVER seen is over in New Jersey in the Franklin Lakes area. I forget the exact address but there are usually police running traffic control becuse so many cars go through there. For some reason we call it "Elvis' House".

It is called Elvis' House as the guy who ownes it has a Big "T C B" in the front lawn. This same guy was an Elvis look a like and made a lot of money doing it. He also has a pink caddy in the driveway and he did wear the jump suits.

So that is why it is called The Elvis House

As far as Westchester, I have to agree with 242Steve - best display I've seen is Harrison. For anybody heading up to Dutchess County.... Old Sylvan Lake Rd in Hopewell Junction - right off the Taconic by Beekman Rd - about 1/2 a mile up on the left is a house that puts the Dutchess County Airport's runway lights to shame. Really an excellent display