Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

FDNY Lt. John Martinson LODD Online Condolence Card

60 posts in this topic

Thoughts and prayers are with Lt. John Martinson, his coworkers, friends and family.

It is with deep regret that we advise you that Lt. John Martinson from Engine Company 249 in Brooklyn was killed in the Line of Duty this evening. Initial reports are that companies were operating at a hi-rise fire and had wind driven fire and heavy smoke conditions. Other Firefighters have been injured and we will provide additional details as they become available.

Our condolences to all affected.

Take Care-BE CAREFUL.

BillyG

The Secret List 1-3-08 / 2244 hours

www.FireFighterCloseCalls.com

Here is an update on FDNY Fire Lieutenant John Martinson, of Engine Company 249 of Brooklyn, who died in the Line of Duty last evening after operating on the 14th floor of the 25-story working apartment building fire.

Lt. Martinson spent most of his career with Engine Company 80 in Harlem before being transferred to Engine 249 in Flatbush, where he spent the past year. A Staten Island resident, Lt. Martinson tragically leaves behind a wife, Jessica, and a baby son, John Patrick, age 22 months, and his wife is pregnant with their second child. 4 other firefighters were hospitalized, two with smoke inhalation and two with burns during the fire at the Ebbets Field apartments. They were expected to be released from the hospital by Saturday.

The 2nd alarm fire trapped residents on upper floors, filled hallways with heavy smoke and heat conditions and was reported to be wind driven. The residents of the apartment where the fire started had exited their apartment, but had left the door open, potentially contributing to the spread and conditions.

100+ FDNY Firefighters responded to the building fire, which has 400 apartments. The call came in about 1916 hours and was brought under control around 2030 hours.

Take Care-BE CAREFUL.

BillyG

The Secret List 1-4-08 / 0055 Hours

My Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family, Thank You for all that you did for the City of New York.

Edited by McSorleys911

Rest In Peace, thoughts and prayers go out to Lt. John Martinson, his family, friends and co-workers.

To the family of Lt. Martinson, the Brothers from E-249, our thoughts are prayers are with you.

Rest In Peace Boss. May god look after you and your family.

RIP. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends.

R.I.P. brother. May God bless your family

R.I.P Brother My thoughts and prayers go out to the family during this difficult time.

Rest in peace. God bless you and your family.

Edited by car11

R.I.P. Brother a tragic way to start a new year, God Bless his Family and Members of E-249.

My condolences go out to LT John Martinson Family. This is not the way to start the New Year. Lets not forget the brave actions of Lt Martinson he will not be forgotten and he will be in our prayers

Condolences to Lt. John Martinson's family and friends and his brothers and sisters in the FDNY.

Edited by batt2

Rest in peace and may God always look after your young family.

God Bless this man and his family.

Rest in Peace and may God watch over your family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Lt.Martinson's family. RIP Brother

RIP Brother. Thoughts and prayers for the family. A terrible loss.