Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

TR54 Promoted To Deputy Adminstrator-Protection From The Past

20 posts in this topic

Members-

We'd like to announce the promotion of EMTBravo Network Webteam Moderator "TR54" to EMTBravo Deputy Adminstrator-Protection From The Past.

TR54, Member #23, has been with EMTBravo from the inception. He came up with the idea for "Protection From The Past" with Chris498, and has since taken and developed the "Protection From The Past" concept. 5 years later, he's still working hard to bring photos and information from classic area incidents to us here on EMTBravo.com. Many don't know how much work he puts in "behind the scenes".

In his new role, he will be responsible for the continued administration and lead of the "Protection From The Past" section of this forum. He will also be responsible for the adminstration and development of the soon-to-relaunch EMTBravo.com "Protection From The Past" section.

Congrats TR54! We look foward to many more classic photos, and your new section on EMTBravo.com!

Tim can be reached via email at TR54@EMTBravo.com

-Seth

If you want to see one of the ORIGINAL EMTBravo.com pages, we had a "Retired Westchester Apparatus Listing" that hasn't been updated since 2004. Chris498 has since gone MIA, but TR54 will be reviving this list soon.

http://www.emtbravo.com/PFP/index.html

Congatulations TR.

Keep up the great work.

Congrats, and thanks for bringing us all back to those childhood memories, well at least for my age group! It is great to see the jobs that we have only "heard" about through war stories over time. Keep it up!

Good luck Tim, its one of the best features of the site

Mike

That's Great News! B)

ps: your radio is ready

Congrats TR54,

Everytime I see a new post of yours under 'Protection from the Past' I can't wait to see the classic photos you provide for the EmtBravo Network to view.

Congrats, Tim. thanks for reviving all those oldies but goodies.

Congrats, Tim!!!!!

Congrats, well deserved ! I always enjoy seeing your posts about classic fires. Besides being a fire buff, I am a also a history buff. It's amazing what photos people have in their collection and the info you can find on the internet nowadays ! The History section of my website [RocklandFires.com] is definitely my favorite. Here is a recent research project I did. Always working on new ones !

A very historical fire in Nyack was the American Aniline factory explosion on January 31st, 1919. The factory was located at the corner of Cedar Hill Ave & Railroad Avenue.

Here is a partial article from the New York Times on February 1st, 1919.

EXPLOSION KILLS ONE IN NYACK DYE PLANT; 3 Others Missing and 15 Hurt by Blast in American Aniline Products Company's Factory. PROPERTY LOSS $200,000 School Building and Other Structures Damaged--Countryside Shaken for Miles Around.

Special to The New York Times.

February 1, 1919, Saturday

NYACK, Jan. 31.--One person is dead, three are missing, and fifteen were injured as the result of an explosion which wrecked and set fire to the big plant of the American Aniline Products Company here today. About 100 persons were in the factory at the time. The property loss is estimated at $200,000.

Link to the entire article: http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/...FB4668382609EDE

What is Aniline ?

From: The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition | Date: 2007

aniline , C 6 H 5 NH 2 , colorless, oily, basic liquid organic compound; chemically, a primary aromatic amine whose molecule is formed by replacing one hydrogen atom of a benzene molecule with an amino group . Aniline boils at 184°C and melts at -6°C. It is of great importance in the dye industry, being used as the starting substance in the manufacture of many dyes—e.g., indigo—and as an aid in the manufacture of others. For this reason many dyes have the word aniline in their common name, such as aniline black (one of the best black dyes known), aniline red, yellow, blue, purple, orange, green, and others. Today these synthetic dyes have largely replaced the natural ones. Aniline is prepared commercially by the reduction of nitrobenzene, a product of coal tar, or by heating chlorobenzene with ammonia in the presence of a copper catalyst. Sulfonation of aniline yields sulfanilic acid, the parent compound of the sulfa drugs. Aniline is also important in the manufacture of rubber-processing chemicals and antioxidants .

FactoryA.jpg

FactoryB.jpg

FactoryC.jpg

Edited by Photofires

:DThank You all !!

The friendship built over time in the Westchester Fire Service has clearly enriched my life. I enjoy sharing the Protection From the Past with members of different FD's. Thanks again for the kind words and supporting PFP. Many more photos on the way !

Tim

Congratulations Tim,

Now you're going to have to explain to me how to post photos.

Just a bump to say you're doing a great job, Tim!

Great Job Tim Really Enjot the Photos From The PAST