Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Photos- Apparatus in 1958 P.C. Parade - Color

93 posts in this topic

More to Follow , photo of gas station price sign ! How much was a gallon of Regular gas in 1958 ?

Thanks for sharing TR............... I would guess 20 cents?

Yes, now they are Byram, Ct.

I know, I was "picked on" (joking of course) for saying that the last time in one of the other PCFD threads, thought someone would pick up on my previous post.

They were the East Port Chester Fire Company up until the 1980s when the name changed to the Byram Volunteer Fire Department as far as I know. I don't have the complete history. It used to confuse the heck out of men when I was a kid.

None the less, great pictures of a historical event!

More to Follow , photo of gas station price sign ! How much was a gallon of Regular gas in 1958 ?

Gas=25 cents

New York defeated Milwaukee 4 to 3 in the seventh game to win the World Series !

I'm beginning to wonder what's more frightening, recognising the store fronts from when I was a kid, remembering the rigs ( one of which I was a driver on ) or seeing some faces I recognise.

Ang, is that Pop Chute driving the Patrol? I recognise Matty Twardy and Mr. Pitocco ( even after I joined and was introduced to "Pete" , I still called him Mr. Pitocco; I couldn't break an old habit ) in front of Brooksville and that's one of the Bohrer brothers in the front of Put's rig waving.

And for somebody from Mt. Kisco, is that Peter or Paul Hughes driving the Independent?

As for the price of gas, well I remember the old man pulling up and asking for $5 worth and getting well over 3/4 a tank of regular ( meaning it had lead).

I'll take a guess, 50 cents/gallon. Give or take 5 cents.

Mike

Thanks for sharing TR............... I would guess 20 cents?

15 cents?

Gas=25 cents

New York defeated Milwaukee 4 to 3 in the seventh game to win the World Series !

All very close ! Check Protection from the past for photo of sign.

Stench60, yes, regular gas - $5.00 moved the fuel gauge.

A member of the forum saw his Uncle in a photo of Ladder 31.

Thanks to Angelo!

I'm beginning to wonder what's more frightening, recognising the store fronts from when I was a kid, remembering the rigs ( one of which I was a driver on ) or seeing some faces I recognise.

Ang, is that Pop Chute driving the Patrol? I recognise Matty Twardy and Mr. Pitocco ( even after I joined and was introduced to "Pete" , I still called him Mr. Pitocco; I couldn't break an old habit ) in front of Brooksville and that's one of the Bohrer brothers in the front of Put's rig waving.

And for somebody from Mt. Kisco, is that Peter or Paul Hughes driving the Independent?

As for the price of gas, well I remember the old man pulling up and asking for $5 worth and getting well over 3/4 a tank of regular ( meaning it had lead).

Yes that is vinny driving PATROL 4 [1949 ward la france] and tony t in the middle of sta. 5 doorway.

Now that I look, wow............ Before he looked like the ayatollah

The stories that could be told...................

Edited by Stench60

PFP

post-23-1202789632.jpg

post-23-1202789686.jpg

Mellor Engine # 3

Pretty sure the guy in the second floor window of Mellor's parlors is my grandfather.

Full Service - Fill 'r up and check the oil !

post-23-1202854948.jpg

Possibly Buchanan Engine Company

post-23-1202855433.jpg

Gas=25 cents !

Winner 28 cents a gallon

Peekskill Fire Dept

post-23-1202856828.jpg

post-23-1202857011.jpg

post-23-1202857084.jpg

Reviewing Stand.

post-23-1202857262.jpg

2nd Picture of Oyster Bay (Long Island) Fire Department Ladder

post-23-1202857421.jpg

Town Of Mamaroneck Color Gaurd

post-23-1202857627.jpg

Holla Hose Company 5 , Ossining NY

post-23-1202859837.jpg

These are great pictures. Just seeing some of the old apparatus and also how Port Chester use to look in the old days brings back a lot of memories. That shot looking up Main Street in the square is pretty cool. If I remember correctly the building at the split across from the Dutch Boy paint was a jewelery store, right? You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the Purchase FD in this collection would you?:)

These are great pictures You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the Purchase FD in this collection would you? :)

Yes , Purchase Fire Department , cub scouts are holding the banner !

I second that... it would be nice to see a picture of the 1957 Seagrave magically appear.

IT all started when lhfdvolly's father took me and my dad for a ride in the brand new SERGRAVE Q-8 . It is his fault that I got hooked on fire trucks in the first place, it is fault that I have three fire trucks in the barn, IT is his fault that I have over 1000 toy and model fire trucks in my basement, IT is his fault that I have 1000's of photo's of rigs of all sizes, and it is his fault that I have all this to share with all of you , hope you like it. ANGELO ;)

Any Harrison F.D. pix? I would like to see if there are any pix of my grandfather.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the Purchase FD in this collection would you? :)

post-23-1202926648.jpg

Any Harrison F.D. pix? I would like to see if there are any pix of my grandfather.

Slide says Harrison FD

Thanks to Angelo for supporting PFP.

post-23-1202927314.jpg

Guys, I can't thank you enough for posting the Purchase picture above. When I saw it I literally got choked up. The officer in the middle right behind the banner is my late father Lou Mellardo Sr. Great picture. I'll have to show it to my family especially my mom.:)

I doubt we went to this parade.... but anything of Croton?