Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest MRK303

Classic Briarcliff Manor FD apparatus June 1968

14 posts in this topic

Nice pic I would love to see more if you have any. I think looking at the old pics is one of my favorite things to do on this site. Keep em coming!

That's Patrol 16, A 1940 Mack. Still owned by BMFD. We usally bring it with us to parades.

Great pics. Nice to see all of those rigs again. I liked the GMC Young Mini and the old Ford Chief's Car. Question... Why was that Mack rig designated Patrol 16?

Thanks!

-Joe DA BUFF

Nice pic I would love to see more if you have any. I think looking at the old pics is one of my favorite things to do on this site. Keep em coming!

I agree. The pictures of the old rigs are great and bring back memories.

if you want to see some old rigs go to Dover FD and check out photos we have some photos of our old rigs from the grandson of a past chief on there

Edited by DOC22
Made link active

if you want to see some old rigs go to Dover FD and check out photos we have some photos of our old rigs from the grandson of a past chief on there

Great site thanks!

The reason the old antique is Patrol 16 is because when we got the GMC/YOUNG in 1972 the antique was known as Engine 95. The Antique was changed to the little used patrol category and given the designation of Patrol 16. The GMC/YOUNG was given the Engine 95 designation which lasted until I believe some time into the late 70's when the county reclassified some apparatus and it was changed to Mini-attack 18. It remained that designation until it became the first Rescue 37 before we got the current rescue.

Thats a great pic. I was wondering if any other departments in Westchester had a rig designated as a Patrol too. Also can only antique rigs be classified as a patrol?

Westchester Apparatus Plate Assignments

Dated : Aug 11 , 1982

post-23-1205876369.jpg

Thanks for the prior thread and the plate assignments. That cleared things up.

Depended on the department. Some where only fire police, some like Pleasantville's Patrol 7 were a combination of fire police, rescue, engine company. The 1980 Hahn carried 500 gallons of water a 1000 gpm pump, but no supply hose. It was also desiganted to act as a relay pumper when needed.