Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

CF MACK

52 posts in this topic

With two more MACK CF 's bitiing the dust this year [ 1989 HARRSON engine 11] [ 1981 PORT CHESTER engine 62 ] how many MACKS are still i/s in the county ?

I thought the Harrison spy shots said Engine 13, which is currently a 1985 MC model. Are they replacing 11 too?

Old engine 13 is long gone, it went to MISSISSPPI about three years ago. they are replacing engine 11 with engine 13 in number only.

Allingtown Fire District in West Haven, CT still has a Mack CF as its spare Engine 3.

According to my list, these are the Mack CF rigs that are still in service in WC:

Dobbs Ferry TL-23

Eastchester E-28

Goldens Bridge E-138

Harrison E-11

Mt. Kisco E-102

Mt. Vernon E-201

Mt. Vernon L-64

Pelham Manor E-1

Pelham Manor TL-3

Port Chester E-62

Yonkers E-311 (Spare)

Yonkers L-77 (Spare)

Yonkers Collapse Unit

Harrison, Port Chester and possibly all 3 of the Yonkers Macks will be gone by years end.

If I am missing any, please post

The previous list was for Mack CF units only.

This would be the list of other Mack's (Not CF's) in the county:

Banksville E-159

Banksvile T-7

Bedford E-108

Briarcliff E-94

Chappaqua E-145

Chappaqua R-23

Eastchester E-29

Vista E-142

Vista T-4

List will soon include new collapse unit for Yonkers. Briarcliff's Mack will be gone this year as well.

Edited by LFD171

Noroton Heights FD, in Darien CT, runs a whole fleet of Macks, with 4 of them being CF's. It really is a sharp fleet.

Old engine 13 is long gone, it went to MISSISSPPI about three years ago. they are replacing engine 11 with engine 13 in number only.

Was not aware of that. Thanks for clarifying. I would start speculating that Engine 11 might find a new home a little bit further "upstate", but it's not old enough. Probably has a number of good years of service left in it yet.

Belltown Volunteer Fire Department

Stamford, CT

E-42 CF Mack

engine42.jpg

TL-45 CF Mack Baker Aerialscope 75'

truck45.jpg

Edited by Sqd47

1978 Mack Baker CF just placed in service.

Otisville,NY (Orange County)

post-15681-1208137576.jpg

Westport, CT is running our two old Mack CF/Pierce engines as spares. Although I have heard a rumor that one may be up for sale.

Darien Fire Department has one CF Left in their fleet, Tower Ladder 43, which holds some historical value being that it was one of the first scopes built for new england.

My dept had a 1975 mack CF former E-130 It ran great loved the way It sounded coming down the street.

Mount Kisco Mutuals have to have one of the nicest cf macks around....All original never been restored. The truck is close to being mint and is still in service behind there new pierce and early 90's pierce. One sharp rig!

I had read somewhere that Yonkers FD was reconditioning the Old (and last production run) Mack CF Engine 306 (later reserve 317) for historical purposes. Can anyone confirm this as well as the latest status of this old rig?

Also Verplanck had a 1963 mack CF that is now in a museum in Circleville ny

Also Verplanck had a 1963 mack CF that is now in a museum in Circleville ny

That was / is a c model.

looked like a CF sorry

A little help for those who confuse the Mack C and CFs. The C models have a rounded front to the cab where the CF are flat nose and have a distinct either aluminum (1970-91) or painted (late 1960s) "grill" (for lack of a better term) to the front of the cab.

I know this thread was originally for Westchester CF's, but here is a YouTube link for Bridgeport, CTs Engine 1 responding from HQ. It is a spare 1982 CF Mack that they have been running for some time. I don't recall if this was posted already....

Engine 1

A little help for those who confuse the Mack C and CFs. The C models have a rounded front to the cab where the CF are flat nose and have a distinct either aluminum (1970-91) or painted (late 1960s) "grill" (for lack of a better term) to the front of the cab.

Older CF's, not sure exactly what year, maybe late 60's, did not have the "grill". I have always been a big CF fan, Belltown's CFs have always been my favorite with Noroton Heights' running a close second.

Joe

heres a classic from the albany area:

post-15278-1210035563.jpg

post-3857-1210046264.jpg

Fav truck in the area

it was a great looking rig painted green until it was painted (E 130 )

Could someone clarify what "CF" etc.. means? I apologize for my ignorance :)

I am assuming based upon your discussion that E138 is not a CF model:

E138.jpg

I think it means Cab Forward and your assumption is wrong. E-138 is a Mack CF.

Could someone clarify what "CF" etc.. means? I apologize for my ignorance :)

I am assuming based upon your discussion that E138 is not a CF model:

E138.jpg

Don't get me wrong golden bridges cf was,is a good looking rig but i don't like the square refurb done to the rear compartments. enging 102 from kisco lost to many trophys to that truck which isn't all original ;)

Not my photos, so here are some links:

A Mack C canopy cab: http://www.odhfs.org/images/Club_trucks/19...85F_Dubus02.JPG

A bunch of Macks from CapeCodFD.com: http://capecodfd.com/pages%20special/Macks5.htm

On the above link you see the early CF cab from Lynnfield that has a painted front face "grill" (for lack of a better term). This style was available from 1968 up until the 70's correct? I know that the early CFs did not have the body mounted warning lights until the 1970s but had the warning flashers mounted on chrome arms near the base of the window along the sides.

Still they were great looking trucks and workhorses. My town had a 1968 and a 1971 pumper in service for years.

The CF was born from the F cab commercial tractor. with the crew compartment added on the back of the cab and the filler panel on the nose which was changed over the years [1968-1970?] ,then the chrome one most of you know for the rest of the run till 1991. It did cover the grill space that used on the F cab. YONKERS has the last two built, finished by INTERSTATE MACK when WARD 79 went out of business. the f cab was used by UPS for it's over the road trucks for many years in the 60's threw 80's.