Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

Mamaroneck Village Parade- July 1st

26 posts in this topic

The annual Fireman's Carnival Parade is July 1st.

I thought it was Wed. July 2nd.

1st is the date I have too.

Mike

Thank you. I will change the date on my calendar.

So who is going? Rye is going.

So who is going? Rye is going.

Does Rye FD send apparatus to the parade?

Does Rye FD send apparatus to the parade?

Yes last year they sent 192 ladder 26 and utility 49. And Port Chester is also going this year.

Yes last year they sent 192 ladder 26 and utility 49. And Port Chester is also going this year.

How many guys and rigs are left back to man the fort? Do you guys call back career guys and/or volunteers to man spare apparatus or does everybody get to go to the dog and pony show?

Pelham Manor will be sending their 1924 ALF and their 1935 (which is still in service "technically" - Engine3)

The trucks that are driven by the carrer guys leave once they get to the post road.

anyone know what time this is and a location i went to the village sit and couldnt find anything

FirNaTine - From what I was told on Monday Rye's 3 front line apparatus are STAYING in Rye (E 191/E192/L25).

3 additional Career Firefighters will cover Rye during the hours of the parade

which will give us 2 Career Firefighters on each piece of apparatus.

I do not know if any Volunteer Firefighters will skip the parade and come to the Stations to stand by.

What Other JR Corps Are coming On the 1st?? Hastings is Going. Any one else??

What Other JR Corps Are coming On the 1st?? Hastings is Going. Any one else??

by junior corps do you mean explorers and if thats what you mean port chester/ Rye is going.

FirNaTine - From what I was told on Monday Rye's 3 front line apparatus are STAYING in Rye (E 191/E192/L25).

3 additional Career Firefighters will cover Rye during the hours of the parade

which will give us 2 Career Firefighters on each piece of apparatus.

I do not know if any Volunteer Firefighters will skip the parade and come to the Stations to stand by.

Just an update for you Truckie. Ladder 25 went down today with might be a major problem and wont be around for the parade.

Just an update for you Truckie. Ladder 25 went down today with might be a major problem and wont be around for the parade.

Ladder 25 wasn't going initially but that will sure prevent ldder 26 from going.

anyone know what time this is and a location i went to the village sit and couldnt find anything

anyone?

anyone?

The Parade route will be from Mamaroneck Ave at the I-95 Bridge all the way down by the harbor. It starts at 7pm. It is fun every year that I go, and I am sure it will be fun this year as well. Make sure you bring money thou. The Caraival is great as well.

The Parade route will be from Mamaroneck Ave at the I-95 Bridge all the way down by the harbor. It starts at 7pm. It is fun every year that I go, and I am sure it will be fun this year as well. Make sure you bring money thou. The Caraival is great as well.

thanx hate the start time though i might be able to make it

thanx hate the start time though i might be able to make it

What time can you make it? Its a long parade route with a lot of divisions/depts/bands/etc... late arriving spectators who stand at the end of the route (Mamaroneck Ave @ Boston Post Rd) can still see a lot...

Why can't Rye send their Ladder even if only 1 is in service. It is the neighboring town, no? And since Rye is such a busy department (no offense), what would be the big deal? Some career guys don't like parades cause they don't get paid to march in them. I think parades have a good side and a bad side, but don't think they should be done away with altogether!

What time can you make it? Its a long parade route with a lot of divisions/depts/bands/etc... late arriving spectators who stand at the end of the route (Mamaroneck Ave @ Boston Post Rd) can still see a lot...

ill try and be there around 7 should i come a little earlier

The "bad" part about the late start time is that it's dark before the thing's over.....even if you are right at the start of it. I did that a few years back. My pics came out better than they had any right to, but still would have been nice if it was a little earlier. Just my opinion........which, along with 90 cents will buy you a candy bar. :)

Although, it's probably just as well that some parades are held on weekday evenings. There's only just so many Saturdays in a "buff season" and most of them are already grossly overbooked as it is.

I hope to be there, if I can scrape up the cash for half a tank of gas. Haven't seen any Westchester rigs since I went digital. Would be great if that could change!

Edited by AndyC3J

Why can't Rye send their Ladder even if only 1 is in service. It is the neighboring town, no? And since Rye is such a busy department (no offense), what would be the big deal? Some career guys don't like parades cause they don't get paid to march in them. I think parades have a good side and a bad side, but don't think they should be done away with altogether!

That decision is up to the Chief of the department. If they chose to send the spare, they can have the career ff drive it and turn for home when he hits Rt 1. Port Chester will have TL2 manned back at HQ if needed. I have seen Harrison have their career ffs drive rigs in the past.