Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dc2t

Where is it now?: moved new owner ! Ahrens Fox BJQ Fairview (Greenburgh)

21 posts in this topic

This is a truly one of a kind. 1939 Ahrens Fox BJQ. Fairview FD Quad 1. Saw service 1939- 1972? Sold to private collector who let it fall into disrepair. Now owned by another collector who started to restore but this has been sitting for 10 plus years.

photos courtesy JWF

post-64-1217945261.jpg

post-64-1217945271.jpg

post-64-1217945292.jpg

is this fairview fd in westchester or dutchess?

Anyone have pictures of it when it was in 1 piece?

Wow, love to see this restored to its former glory !!

I grew up looking at this truck rot away on Taylor's Lane in Cinnaminson, NJ. The guy who owned it left it in his driveway with a blue tarp over it, rear half sticking out of the tarp for over 20 years. I should have knocked on his door and punched him in the face for letting this rig get to the condition it's in.................Would love to see some current pics of this rig, and hope that it's restored to it's original glory!!!!!!

x129K likes this

So does anybody know the current whereabouts of this rig now?

So does anybody know the current whereabouts of this rig now?

The truck was purchased recently and no sits in the collection in Orange County so I been told

I don't post here anymore but a good buddy and site Mod asked me to update all on the Ahrens Fox BJQ, it has been moved to a new location the last week of july and yes it does reside now in Circleville. I have photos of it in its new home ! Angelo

I don't post here anymore but a good buddy and site Mod asked me to update all on the Ahrens Fox BJQ, it has been moved to a new location the last week of july and yes it does reside now in Circleville. I have photos of it in its new home ! Angelo

thanks angelo. hope u post the pictures would love to see what it looks like now.

Thank you for the information Angelo !

OK I Saw It At The Same Place In The First Pic. I Was Told By The Chief Of Fairview That Was A Member When It & It Sister Engine That Thay Have Now Was Delivered. He Told Me The Man That Was Restoring It Died The Bus Co. Where It Was Kept Was Sold The Wife Had To Move It So She Sold It Befor She Know Fairview Wanted It Back. Do Not Know How She Sold It To Sorry I Hope That Help

Thanks for the answers............Hopefully Mr. Leider can get her back to her original condition! Would love to see some pics also.

has it been put back together or is it being restored ?

Raising the aerial ladder on the only "quint" ever built by Ahrens - Fox - the 1939 model for Fairview , New York.

post-23-0-14171800-1319044103.jpg